Sport Bikes banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
I have a few problems with this. First... I didn't know the ghetto was so big in Toronto. I know only half the people speak english, but if you're going to try, do it right (I left my ghettospeak dictionary at home today).

WheelieboyChris said:
I'm sorry but how can you put a time frame on some ones riding ability? It’s a skill some people have it, some people get it and some people never get it.

RIP
How can you even say this? The kid was 16. Most places don't even let you ride until 16. How much skill could POSSIBLY have? And he couldn't have been THAT skilled... he hit a curb!

I saw someone said that the kids parents didn't know he had one. Where does a 16 year old get a few grand to buy a bike, not to mention insurance, without thier parents knowing? That's a hell of a lot of lawns to mow. I know my parents would have been suspicious of where I had spent a few grand.

· Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Only two things I can say.. One.. RiP little one.. So much life lost.

As far as the 16 year old.. Shouldnt have had a bike or even be riding one.. to young.. spend some time learning to ride for a few years. and then get a bike..

Ohhh well thats why SBN is now 18 years or older for new registrations.. I just dont feel ANYONE under 18 should be riding a sportbike on these streets..

Now dont get me wrong.. if the 16 year old was on a track or something learning bike control and so forth.. but hey.. its my opinion

· Registered
213 Posts
What an ass.

Anyone who says shit like I bought it and you are jeleous(sp?) is a fucking loser. I don't feel bad for this dipshit at all. Dumb motherfucker making stupid choices. I don't know the circumstances that lead to this accident however, I am guessing it was due to his stupidity/bad choices/lack of skill rather than some unavoidable road hazard.

· Banned
732 Posts
Too bad for the 14 yr. old and her family. Hopefully, the 16 yr. old lives a very long and guilty life. Where were/are his parents? A 600 was his first mistake.

· Registered
56 Posts
A 16 year old has no business on a bike PERIOD!!! This a terible accident and I feel for the girls family, RIP.

I have a friend that was selling his Ninja a few weeks ago and a 16 year old wanted to buy it and brought my buddy cash for the bike but my buddy refused to sell the bike to a guy who has had his drivers liscense less than a year, there should be an age limit on these things.

· Registered
3,760 Posts
WheelieboyChris said:
I'm sorry but how can you put a time frame on some ones riding ability? It’s a skill some people have it, some people get it and some people never get it.

RIP

Yea you are right, plus it makes me sound like a hypocrite :nerd

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Does it bother anyone else that on top of two young kids riding a sport bike, that they were riding it at night? I can get over the passenger deal, although i still dont totally agree with it, but riding at night is not the brightest idea in the first place, then to have a passenger on top of it makes it even worse.

Is it just me or are more motorcycle accidents caused at night?

· Registered
22 Posts
trayfoe said:
Well with his intraweb slang and picture I think he was just a dumbshit who though having a bike will get you all the girls because thats what bikes are about to most people.

Quote from him:

my gixxer

i am turning 17 in august ok :)

and the bike is mine for all those out der dat tink its not and are gay and jealous i bought it off a guy on this site (Duane_GSX-R) i worked my ass off for it and now im goin to enjoy it suckers :)
I was thinking the same thing...

· Registered
522 Posts
at 16 most kids don't even have experience driving cars let alone bikes. i know i didn't, when i was 16 i was hauling ass in my car doing stupid stuff, if i had a bike chances are it would have scared the shit out of me and i would have quit riding or i would be dead.

· Banned
1,003 Posts
SportyChick said:
Supposedly his parents didn't know he had the bike.
How did he purchase, register and license the vehicle without the parents knowing? Given this information, I would hope the little girl's parents sue him and his family for wrongful death. It won't appeas the pain of the family and bring their daughter back but I'm quite sure that if this kid hid the purchase from his parents, he probably wasn't insured. He probably didn't have a license. In either of those cases, he needs to incur punitive damages for his negligence.

Ohhh well thats why SBN is now 18 years or older for new registrations.
Kick ass. That gets a big +1 from me.

As far as that board whose link is posted above, it sounds like every single one of those idiots are prime candidates for needing better parental supervision. Most of them need a boot to the ass.

Im glad she died. It lowers my odds of dying ever so slightly.
I can't hardly read the nonsense posted on that board as its broken English is severely broken.

· Registered
3,760 Posts
Ohhh well thats why SBN is now 18 years or older for new registrations.

Well, I am sure glad i joined before that rule came into effect

· Banned
1,003 Posts
From the brother, supposedly...

hes been asking about her and we tell him we dont know. this is the last thing i want him to think. but i can see it in his eyes when he looks at me that he dosent belive me he knows i know something but i wont tell him. he has tears in his eyes every time he wakes and asks about her. my brother is going through alot right now and this is something i dont want him think about, this is gonna kill him.
The rest of the world would be so fortunate. His actions resulted in the loss of life. He shouldn't be shielded from the horrors and emotional trauma this may beset him. The girl's family certainly isn't free of it.

· Registered
102 Posts
I'm bumed for all three people. Its sucks that the girl is dead, it sucks that some guy walking down the street got hit, It sucks the kid driving got hurt. I mean can you imagine how awsome it was for that kid to geta bike like that...shucks and then kill some chick and break a lot of bones...bummer.

Oh too true that after reading the bio I was like "This kid is a [email protected]" , but who isn't when they're that young. Just a bad bad thing. Still Bummed.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Here in Ontario anyone can buy anything at pretty well any age for cash privately. It's up to the person selling what ever is being sold. If the guy who sold the bike to this 16 year old saw the cash and was a greedy bastard with no conscience, the bike is sold.

Now to get your bike license, just as easy. You can get your beginner's by going in and writing a test. Pass it and you can ride a bike during the day, not on highways over 80 km/h and no passengers. Take a course for the weekend at the local college, pass that and now you have the license to ride anywhere, anytime and with a passenger. Course costs no more the $400 CDN. Wait 18 months after that course and you can go take the on-road exam and you now have your full license. Also all of the above licensing is for any amount of CC's and any type of bikes.

As for insurance, I have no idea who would insure a 16 year old on a bike like a gixxer6. This 16 year old would need some type of insurance though to get a license plate for the bike. When you go to get the plate at the Ministry of Transportation, they need proof of insurance. Which means either he found an insurance company that would insure him and was paying out of his ass for it or someone else insured it for him.

I don't put as much blame on the parents as I do on the system that we have which allows a 16 year old to be licensed to ride any type of bike. If we had the same license system as say for example the UK, then maybe the rest of us wouldn't be paying so much in insurance and lives wouldn't be lost.

· Politically incorrect
504 Posts
I am not sure what the point of this thread is. Someone get killed on a motorcycle every day. It isn't news, or news worthy. Whether you have a helmet on, or not, whether it fits, or not, hitting blunt objects squarely with your head, mounted on your little neck will kill you, every time. Does anyone doubt this?

· Registered
73 Posts
Well i'm glad I found this thread, I think it has changed my view of riding with passangers. I've only given three people a ride on my bike. My friend, his bro, and his girlfriend. I think thoes might be the last people that will be on my bike besides me. I can live with hurting myself, but not someone else. This thread put a knot in my stomach because it could have been me... Anyway, +1 to this whole site. I'm on my way to switch out my passanger seat for the single seat. BTW, RIP to the 14 year old girl.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
SMFCPACFP said:
I am not sure what the point of this thread is. Someone get killed on a motorcycle every day. It isn't news, or news worthy. Whether you have a helmet on, or not, whether it fits, or not, hitting blunt objects squarely with your head, mounted on your little neck will kill you, every time. Does anyone doubt this?
Well Steve if you don't see the point of this thread then you're missing a huge part. There are a number of things from this accident that shouldn't be ignored:
1. a 16 year old on a gixxer6
2. a passenger only 14 years old without a proper helmet on
3. experience does count

This forum has many riders and soon to be riders viewing it each and every day. Some come on here for the first time and asks the more experienced ones on here for advice. Some don't understand that when you take another passenger on your bike, you are solely responsible for that person. You are also responsible for making sure that person has the proper equipment on and that it fits properly. Others make take this for granted and if a helmet comes off in an accident, what good is it?
Also experience plays a huge part when riding. Supposedly this 16 year old was cut off by a car but the police also claim that he must have been going at a fast rate as well. I know the road that this accident happened on, speed limit is 60 km/h. Had a car cut out in front of him, if he was more experienced, he would have been going around the speed limit, aware of all cars around him, possibly seen this car coming out of the parking lot, anticipated this, slowed down and covered the brakes. There are no hidden driveways, corners or turns on this road. It's not even a residential area, it's right along the beach with parking lots all down one side.
If this thread makes one person rethink anything they do when riding, especially with passengers, then it has served its purpose. And I think Phly6 already has taken something from this thread.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.