Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened Thursday night in my area and has caused many debates on different local bike forums.

My first reaction was anger that a 16 year old on a gixxer6 had a 14 year old passenger on the back of his bike. She didn't have the proper size helmet on either.

I feel great sadness towards the family that lost their daughter. But I'm mixed in what I feel towards the 16 year old. He will now have to live with this for the rest of his life.

RIP to the girl that lost her life.

News link

Fatal Crash

A 14-year old girl has been killed in a motorcycle crash on Lake Shore Boulevard. The teenager and a 16-year-old male driver were ejected from the bike when it went out of control around 11:30pm Thursday, hitting the curb and a male pedestrian near British Columbia Drive. The girl suffered fatal head injuries. The driver wound up with broken legs, the pedestrian with a fractured leg. The victim's name isn't being released. Police are still investigating.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
:chair i have mixed feelings about this, in my opinion, You shouldn't ride passengers for about 4 years because you are being held responsible for someone elses life. At 16, no matter how mature you/others think you are, soo much can go wrong with a passenger(I know at any age it could happen) but if they die and you live, you be looked at as a bad seed for having a bike at your age, having a passenger, and not having them wear the correct helmet. I don't know, maybe none of that above made any sense whatsoever but I am trying to just say, he made a bad choice about riding a passenger and it is sad she had to lose her life at such a young age. :cry

R.I.P. little chica :headbang

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
That is hard for every one in that situation. He will have to live with this for the rest of his life. She lost her life. Both families have to deal with this. I dont like to ride anyone at all because I dont want there lives in my hands. I am also responsable but thats why they call them accidents.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i'm gonna be flamed..... lets see.....we all ride bikes.....hopefully you and others know the dangers of riding a bike. i feel sorry for everybody involved, but......shit happens. if he was speeding then i would blame him. how the hell he hit a curb, i dont know, but if her parents let her go around on a bike then they should have known the dangers. but it is sad to see people die and get hurt. R.I.P.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Target Fixation is a bitch...RIP

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ca$h said:
:chair i have mixed feelings about this, in my opinion, You shouldn't ride passengers for about 4 years because you are being held responsible for someone elses life. At 16, no matter how mature you/others think you are, soo much can go wrong with a passenger(I know at any age it could happen) but if they die and you live, you be looked at as a bad seed for having a bike at your age, having a passenger, and not having them wear the correct helmet. I don't know, maybe none of that above made any sense whatsoever but I am trying to just say, he made a bad choice about riding a passenger and it is sad she had to lose her life at such a young age. :cry

R.I.P. little chica :headbang
I'm sorry but how can you put a time frame on some ones riding ability? It’s a skill some people have it, some people get it and some people never get it.

RIP

·
Registered
279 Posts
WheelieboyChris said:
I'm sorry but how can you put a time frame on some ones riding ability? It’s a skill some people have it, some people get it and some people never get it.

RIP
.......+1......

·
Registered
197 Posts
A sixteen year old riding a 600 and carrying a passenger! wtf!?

Over here you cant get your license until your 17, you are then restricted to a 250 for the first year ... and you cant carry a passenger until you have held a license for at least 1 year. I even think this is a bit too lax ...

No matter the circumstances I feel for the people involved ... RIP

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well with his intraweb slang and picture I think he was just a dumbshit who though having a bike will get you all the girls because thats what bikes are about to most people.

Quote from him:

my gixxer

i am turning 17 in august ok :)

and the bike is mine for all those out der dat tink its not and are gay and jealous i bought it off a guy on this site (Duane_GSX-R) i worked my ass off for it and now im goin to enjoy it suckers :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also I just read some of the thread that was started, why are people so easily influenced when some dumbass wrecks his bike to say stuff like "That’s messed up. R.I.P to the passenger. This shot my idea’s of going into motorcycles right out the window" Why don't these people take into effect that the kid was not an experienced rider and shouldn't have been on a bike in the first place.....

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
RIP to the 14 yr old girl..... I feel so bad not only for her and her family, but for the 16 yr old that has to live for the rest of his life knowing that someone he was with died. Poor guy. I wish ppl would just stop and think first! dang it.... :mad:

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
My condolences to the families. And good luck to that 16 year old living with this event for the rest of his life. Hopefully he won't commit suicide.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
Whenever I go out for a ride, be it a weekend backroad burner or a ride to the local hangout spot, I know I stand a chance of not coming back from it!!! That's always in the back of my mind. When carrying passengers I try to educate them before we hop on and if it's someone I ride with all the time, like a girlfriend, I'll be cautious until I feel she's ready to handle more.

It's all good until you need to be air lifted to the ER!! People never think shit will happen to them, that's just not realistic.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wonder how the twat that sold a GSXR600 to a 16 yr old feels at this point......what a waste. RIP to the 14 yr old girl. Hope this wakes the kid up about his shitty attitude and he stops riding.(to bad he had to kill someone else first)

ALL YOU NOOBS NOW KNOW WHY WE SAY TO START SMALL! Your ego will write checks your body CAN'T cash.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts