Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the Pepsi challenge on these two? Are both pretty similar /suitable for daily drivers?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I have never ridden nor even sat on the ZX6R, but I'd wager the ZZR is far more comfortable, and the ZX6R more fun at the track.

I ride on the street, so the ZZR was a no brainer. Heck, it's no slouch at the track either from what I have read. The 07 ZZR600 is virtually identical to the older ZX6R (00-02). It may be awhile before I am comfortable enough to ride mine at the track.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
All I can say about the zzr, vs the little time I had on a zx6r, is the zzr is far more comfortable, lacking a bit in power and handling.. Also it's still carb'd vs the FI of the zx6r.

Any more power and I would probably get a lot more speeding tickets atm.. :lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
ZZR = sportbike. ZX6R = crotchrocket.

Essentially, that's the long story short.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Kawy ZX-6R said:
ZZR = sportbike. ZX6R = crotchrocket.

Essentially, that's the long story short.

actually wrong. the zzr is an zx-6, (2002)

so basicly,

zzr600 supersport

zx6 more modern supersport

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
After riding some modern supersports, I'd prefer my '00 ZX6R (current ZZR600) for the street to a modern 600 race replica.

Powerwise they're pretty similar, handling wise they're pretty similar, ergonomically the ZZR in most cases will be MUCH more comfortable.

Which you choose is completely up to you, but if you want to be happy just be 100% honest w/ what kind of riding you'll be doing, what your budget will allow, etc etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a ton for the advice. The zzr seems most attractive, cause it'll see
mostly street, but I'd really like to do a lot more track. (BTW Oreogabrio, I see youre a pilot as well. I fly GIV and Falcon 2000 at PTK. Furloughed Usair,
Boston based! Small world!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah well, I daydream about bikes nowadays the same as I when I obsessed over airplanes 25 years ago!

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
That makes two of us :lao

However I AM looking to get back into the aviation industry. Not as a pilot but in aviation business managment. I just need to get off my ass & start applying to places.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A zzr formerly zx6e is basically a zx6r but from about 5 years ago......The brand new zzr is equal to the 2000ish zx6r. I have owned both. The zzr is a much more comfortable easy to ride good daily driver...The zx6r has a bit more pep, lighter, handles better, which only is good at the track. On the street a zzr has no problems keeping up with a zx6r, only noticeable differences will be at the track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts