Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The wife and I were talking about my bike, (1996 ZX6R), and she tells me that if I am good, Santa may bring me a new bike for Christmas. The last time I was good to the wife, (wedding ring upgrade), she got me the used ZX6R.

So now I'm looking for opinions on the ZZR600 and Z750S. I dig the ZZR because it's about the same as what I am riding now. I also dig the 750 and its more standard riding position.

So can anyone offer any biased/unbiased feedback on either machine?

·
Registered
528 Posts
It really comes down to the type of riding you do. I used to have a ZX9R, wich has the same ergos as the ZZR600, just more power. Now I have a Z750S.

The ZZR would be better for the twisties and has a little more on the top end, but is going to make you hurt on longer rides. The Z750S will be more comfortable on longer rides and is a better choice for commuting. The additional mid range torque means you have to shift a lot less and it also turns great in and out of traffic.

I can't imagine you doing to many twisties unless you ferry your bike over to the big island. Even then, the traffic is so bad you never have a chance to open it up. The one exception might be the drive over the mountains from Hilo to Kona.

Personally, I would get the Z750S as I think it would be easier to ride in the Honolulu traffic. I can say my Z750S is more fun to ride than my ZX9R was and it handles a lot better than you might expect for a standard. My body thanks me for it too.

·
Registered
600 Posts
jmsblk500r said:
did any of you guys notice tha the zzr600 looks exactily like the 00-02 zx6r
The '05/'06 ZZR600 IS the '00-'02 ZX-6R. Same bike. Identical, from what I can tell. The only difference that's visually discernible are more subtle colors rather than Kawasaki's older... ummm... "flamboyant" color schemes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I love my 05 ZZR!!!
At first the seat was a little uncomfortable, but now I've been on it for an hour at at time. It is the 02 ninja but I think the clip ons are set a little higher to change the riding position.
Here is a shot of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with BIKERDUDE.
If you like to go on long rides and want a great "do it all" bike then get the Z750.
If you just want to carve the canyons on short trips (hour or less) then get the ZZR.
Benefits of the Z750's flexability would be my choice.

I don't know what Kawasaki's thinking though, that Z750 would look so nice with a blacked out engine instead of that FUGLY imitation Magnesium color!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a '01 zx6r which is the same thing as the zzr. I ride my bike much longer than 1 hour at a time. I don't know if it is because I am 6'4" but I am very comfortable on my bike.The seat breaks in nicely after a while(stiff at first) I live in Boston and use it as a daily commuter and it is perfect. I am biased but honestly in my opinion it is one of the best looking bikes made and has plenty of power. I say ZZR!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts