Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to the sportbike world, and am looking to purchase my first bike this month. I am kinda leaning toward the 05 zzr600. Now with that said, i know this bike is carburated and not fuel injected like most of the modern day 600's are. If i was to put on a yoshi exhaust what would you recomend as far as the jetting goes. I know how to jet and that's its very inportant for a motor to be jetted correctly, used to race atv's. So any help would be appreciated. Also in your opinion is the 05 zzr600 a good bike to start out on or should i just go ahead and get the 05 zx6r? Thanks ahead of time.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Umm the o5 zzr600 is probably way too much bike so the 05 ZX-6R is gonna be even more power not suited for a beginning rider.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys, i think i am just gonna get the new zzr600 and be done with it till i want something b*****. Thanks for the info on the carb kit. Where is a good place to buy an exhaust? And what's the best one for the 00-02 zx6r / 05 zzr600? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
nc_guy84 said:
Thanks for the replys, i think i am just gonna get the new zzr600 and be done with it till i want something b*****. Thanks for the info on the carb kit. Where is a good place to buy an exhaust? And what's the best one for the 00-02 zx6r / 05 zzr600? Thanks again.
I use a D&D carbon fiber but it is too freaking loud, performance is good and it is lightweight but I get a little too much attention from the law sometimes with it and earplugs are a must. carbon fiber is nice because it wont burn you if you accidentally touch it, i've already had some good exhaust burns dont want any more. I would go with akrapovic if I had to do it again.

zzr600 isnt the ideal starter bike but you can do a lot worse. the bike is extremely stable and confidence-inspiring, easily flicked into corners, and has tremendous power for a carbed 600. the only thing I dont like about carbs is cold-starting, I remember one cold morning I had to push it into the sun and it sat in the light for a while to get it started the block was so cold. the bike is pretty reptilian.

honestly if you get the zzr you probably wont 'need' anything b***** for quite some time. you may 'want' b*****, but if you learn this bike completely you can hang with the literboys. learn to keep the revs above 8k when riding hard and you will have no problems. just not the first few months, yeah? and of course MSF would be an extremely good idea before you buy the bike.

·
learner
354 Posts
agreed w/ alla that. I love mine. They are a screamin' deal and you get all the good stuff, including a fully adjustable suspension. I'll also say mine has never been too reptilian even commuting on mornings with ambients in the teens....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts