Sport Bikes banner

681 - 700 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do any other Models have the same bolt pattern as the Stock ZZR Exhaust?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I couldnt honestly read through all 46 pages on this thread, I TRIED lol. I love the look of the shorter exhaust like there are a few pics of here, but is it always the case that the shorter ones are way louder? I dont want it to be any louder than my stock exhaust really. What are the effects of cutting the actual pipe shorter before I mount a BO exhaust on it? This may be a very stupid question, but any info helps. I dont really need a short BO exhaust if I could just cut the actual pipe shorter, that would lower the height of the actual can i believe and it wouldnt stick back so far either right? Would that still make the noise go up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a rs3 yoshimura bolt on for my zzr and when attempting to install the pipe the bolts are to long by almost a half of an inch. I checked the spec and they are the bolt that were supposed to come with it? has anyone else had this issue and what did you do ? thanks for all of the help

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I just ordered my RS3 yesterday and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I hope I don't encounter the same problem.

I was debating between a Viper and the RS3 with the RS3 being about $30 more. After listening to a few sound clips now I'm soo glad I picked the Yoshi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The stock pipe has the threaded bolts attached to the pipe. The Yoshimura pipe comes with hex bolt and the pipe it self has threaded holes. which is where i run into the problem of the screws being to long.

·
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #689
I bought a rs3 yoshimura bolt on for my zzr and when attempting to install the pipe the bolts are to long by almost a half of an inch. I checked the spec and they are the bolt that were supposed to come with it? has anyone else had this issue and what did you do ? thanks for all of the help
No issues installing my RS-3 on my 2006 ZZR, it's been on the bike since 2006. I gotta ask the question, are to positive that you ordered the right one?? Did you order one that will fit a 98-02 ZX6R? Where did you order it from?

·
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #691
Yes I bought the right one it says on the instructions zzr600 2006-2008
Guess you better get in touch with the company that you purchased it from. Post some pics. This just doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So can anyone explain the difference between what a baffle/silencer/race baffle/ etc... is? I have never taken apart a can, but I do like the idea of a shorter can. I keep seeing people talk about taking the baffle out. Or how it sounds without a silencer vs. having a silencer etc... If you cut a can shorter I keep reading how loud it will be. Can you just put one of these baffle/silencer's in and make it quieter again? Someone please explain?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I got my yoshi installed last week as soon as it arrived. First issue as another poster here had was the supplied bolts were too long by about a half inch or so. I simply went to the local hardware store and got shorter bolts to finish it up. The rest was a cinch.

I put the quiet pipe in mine because I found it just too damn loud without it.

Also started the bike with no exhaust can on at all. Sounds nice but damn loud.

Will post some pics when I get a chance to do so. There's a definite increase in the top end as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got my yoshi installed last week as soon as it arrived. First issue as another poster here had was the supplied bolts were too long by about a half inch or so. I simply went to the local hardware store and got shorter bolts to finish it up. The rest was a cinch.

I put the quiet pipe in mine because I found it just too damn loud without it.

Also started the bike with no exhaust can on at all. Sounds nice but damn loud.

Will post some pics when I get a chance to do so. There's a definite increase in the top end as well.
What do you mean when you say you put the quiet pipe in yours? I dont know a lot about these exhausts.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
There is a little insert that came with mine, maybe 5" long or so with a flange that bolts into the tailpeice (outlet) of the exhaust. It really quiets the pipe down, but doesn't surpress the nice rumble it makes. And that's PRECISELY what I was looking for.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is a little insert that came with mine, maybe 5" long or so with a flange that bolts into the tailpeice (outlet) of the exhaust. It really quiets the pipe down, but doesn't surpress the nice rumble it makes. And that's PRECISELY what I was looking for.
That sounds like what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OEM ZZR600 Pipe

Anyone looking at getting rid of their old pipe? I am in the military (Army) and moved to Germany in Dec with a Yoshi pipe, but the Air Force guys said they won't inspect it because it is too loud, even with the baffle! I tried stuffing it with motorcycle exhaust stuffing, they said they won't even look at it with it in there. I'm sure I should be posting somewhere else, but this site is huge and I don't want to get lost in all the posts. i appreciate any help!

Mike

·
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #700
Anyone looking at getting rid of their old pipe? I am in the military (Army) and moved to Germany in Dec with a Yoshi pipe, but the Air Force guys said they won't inspect it because it is too loud, even with the baffle! I tried stuffing it with motorcycle exhaust stuffing, they said they won't even look at it with it in there. I'm sure I should be posting somewhere else, but this site is huge and I don't want to get lost in all the posts. i appreciate any help!

Mike
I sold mine on ebay years ago for a $100. Here's one I found on ebay. The seller doesn't appear to ship overseas. You could either contact the seller and possibly work something out with them or buy it and have it shipped to a family member or friend that is state side and then have them ship to Germany to you.

02 KAWASAKI ninja ZX6R MUFFLER exhaust 98-02 zzr 600 01 | eBay

681 - 700 of 714 Posts