Sport Bikes banner

661 - 680 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Tober, which set up are you using now? I like the one posted at the top better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For those looking for a full system I have a new one available for sale in the classifieds....it was mounted but hit my modified swing-arm...so for sale she goes...full Hindle SS system with oval carbon fibre can. PM for pics...

·
Registered
39 Posts
So brain pickin time...I have re-jetted my bike with the 118, 120 jets, needles on the 3rd notch and the mixture screws at 3 turns out....I am running the stock exhaust, if I were to go only with the Yoshi bolt on can...think I should change the jets again...to say 120, 122's??? I know everyone is running the stock configuration with just a shim...think the Dyno Jet kit with the 118, 120's will be OK? I love the way the bike runs with the jet kit...t is so much smoother than stock and would recommend everyone do the jet kit even with the stock exhaust.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
504 Posts
from kit instructions

3. Locate the stock main jet under the float bowl on the bottom of the carbs (Fig. C). Remove the stock main jets
and replace with the Dynojet main jets provided. If you are running the stock exhaust, install the DJ118 main jets in
the outside cylinders and DJ120 main jets in the inner cylinders. If you are running an aftermarket exhaust with
wide open baffles, use the DJ122 main jets in the outside cylinders and the DJ124 main jets in the inner cylinders.
Be sure that the jet you are changing is the main jet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
from kit instructions

3. Locate the stock main jet under the float bowl on the bottom of the carbs (Fig. C). Remove the stock main jets
and replace with the Dynojet main jets provided. If you are running the stock exhaust, install the DJ118 main jets in
the outside cylinders and DJ120 main jets in the inner cylinders. If you are running an aftermarket exhaust with
wide open baffles, use the DJ122 main jets in the outside cylinders and the DJ124 main jets in the inner cylinders.d
Be sure that the jet you are changing is the main jet.
Thanks Farsscf, I too have them instructions but my bike really ran rich with them...and reading other threads have found that people have actually recommended the 120, 122's instead with just a bolt on....as I am curious as to were the Dyno Jet kit is relative to the stock jetting with a shim. May have to go back to the 122, 124;s but the mix screw at 2.5 turns and see if that helps....if I am not mistaken and to simplify the jets have the biggest affect at WOT and that the needles affect the midrange the most.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have a quick question thats not related to jets but related to taking the gas tank off. On the back just under the seat is a small tube. Is that just an overflow drain tube? Mine was hanging down so I trimmed it a bit.

Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have a quick question thats not related to jets but related to taking the gas tank off. On the back just under the seat is a small tube. Is that just an overflow drain tube? Mine was hanging down so I trimmed it a bit.

Thanks
yes

·
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #670

Thanks
If you look again you will see there is a hole in the front of the battery box for that tube. I wouldn't cut if off if I were you. That tube is that long for a reason, if the tank vents under hot conditions that gas will go on the ground, instead of the inside of the bike if the tube were cut off short.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If you look again you will see there is a hole in the front of the battery box for that tube. I wouldn't cut if off if I were you. That tube is that long for a reason, if the tank vents under hot conditions that gas will go on the ground, instead of the inside of the bike if the tube were cut off short.
Thanks Jay. I did see that hole in the battery box. I cut it about 4 inches past the hole. Its now where if it leaks it will just leak beside the shock and onto the ground. I didn't want to keep retucking it in around the front of the swing arm where it was. I kept the peice I cut off so if I have problems I'll just go buy a rubber tube and put it back the way it was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wondering about aftermarket exhausts?

I have a 2006 zzr600 and I am wondering about upgrades. I would like to get a new exhaust and really wanted to get a short pipe, but am having trouble finding one that fits the bike. I want the tail end to look nice and clean but I think the stock muffler is an eyesore. I got rid of the plastic fender under the tail and moved the license plate to the swing arm. Any suggestions on place to get the muffler and or which one to get.

Thanks

·
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
I have a 2006 zzr600 and I am wondering about upgrades. I would like to get a new exhaust and really wanted to get a short pipe, but am having trouble finding one that fits the bike. I want the tail end to look nice and clean but I think the stock muffler is an eyesore. I got rid of the plastic fender under the tail and moved the license plate to the swing arm. Any suggestions on place to get the muffler and or which one to get.

Thanks
That's because your searching the wrong bike. Read my signature, it contains the answer to your question.

·
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #675

Thanks
My signature, "The 2005-2008 ZZR600 are exactly the same except for paint color. Having trouble finding parts for your 2005-2008 ZZR600? Try searching for parts that will fit a 2000-2002 ZX6R "J" model."

·
EET FUK
2,335 Posts
Im going to sell the pipe off my now dead zzr its an Yoshi RS3 Stainless. I am asking 200, and I also have a dark smoke wind screen ill do for 50. Shoot me a PM if you want either, those prices include shipping to lower 48

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey thanks for the message, I dont want to think I am lowballing or anything, but I can purchase the same pipe brand new for 220 with shipping (my brother works at bikes inc. in Ft Lauderdale so I get my parts at cost) I really wanted a shorty pipe, and was looking into the ixil black shorty pipe, but if you wanna sell the pipe for 100 I would buy it. Ill probally buy the screen too, what brand is it?

Thnx,
GhostBoxer

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks good what does it sound like. Where did you get the seat cawl?
in my opinion too loud without the silencer (maybe just a little bit louder than the stock rs3 without the silencer). I think it sounds good cut with the silencer in (the stock length with silencer sounds like stock in my opinion), so this is a good middle ground. Sounds aggressive, but I can still hear the engine. It does pop a lot more when engine breaking though, but I really like it.

The cowl i got from another member on this site. He said he got it from germany.

661 - 680 of 714 Posts