Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I need a 710 cap.
777 Posts
I ride mine all day all the time with stock seat and no risers, i've put over 18,000 miles on it in the past 2 and a half years doing weekend trips here and there, mine is fairly comfy. I usually stop for a few minutes to rest my rear and legs after about 2 or three hours of riding but is definately more comfortable than most sportbikes

·
5,455 Posts
my GSXR works pretty good :) lol. i've done well over 12 hours in a day and regularly do 5-7 hours at a time.

you just need to sit on some bikes and find out if its comfortable for you, even better if you can actually take a test ride on some.

i imagine it would be more comfy than a newer SS since the clipons are above the triple tree though. also find out if they're buzzy bikes

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Not quite as comfortable as a Kat 750. Not sure how that compares to your 600. 100mile trips are not much trouble if you know how NOT to lean on your wrists. Seat is fine. Suspension is good, not as "buzzy" as the Kat 750 either. A very smooth machine by all accounts.

**Edit 24-May-09: You seem quite keen on the ZZR. Any way you can find one to test ride? I know a short test ride won't give a lot of info for determining long term comfort, but will let you know just what kind of bike it is. My only peeve on the bike is it doesn't have a fuel gauge, but that is very minor.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have an older ZZR and I have taken it on a couple of 300+ mile trips. The leaning on the wrist thing is the killer. You have to get that figured out to have an enjoyable ride. Other than that it really isn't too bad.

·
Viva La Nation
706 Posts
I put 750 miles on mine over the last 3 days without problem. The seat's big enough to allow for a change of positions if you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts