Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 2005 for sale near me with 5300 miles, asking price $6k. Anyone here go from the ZZR6 to the ZZR12? I would love to hear some comparison of the bikes or just feedback on moving up from the 600 to the 1200. I think the asking price is too high even in great condition but it is a lot less than a new ZX14 etc.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't have much experience with the 6. I have a 12, and I'd say that it has a lot of weight and wheelbase, making it much worse handling than a "real" sportbike. It's still sporty, and with that size and wheelbase, it's better than anything short of a cruiser or Gold Wing for riding 2-up. And that engine is SWEEEEET, even if it has carbs, or maybe because it has carbs. Visor down did a compare between the 12 and a 1st gen ZX14, and the 12 would stay even with the 14 at street speeds (<100mph). Above that, the 14 would leave it, and the 14 has better handling, but worse accommodations for a passenger. If you want to ride 2-up, I'd consider one. If not, there are better choices. If I didn't want the 2-up capability, I'd stay with a ZZR600 for the better handling.

6K is too high, though.

Reactions: blkzzr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks 2WheelPilot. I did not want to miss a chance on what I believe is a rare bike, if it is right for me. I will stick with my 600 for now. I do not do much two up riding and I have not done as many long rides this year. The extra weight and the suspension reviews were also a deciding factor. I am sure the 1200 is a beast of a bike but the 600 does everything well and can get 50 plus mile per gallon.

If anyone is interested the bike has bar risers, new Muzzy slip ons, a Zero Gravity double bubble and is extra clean! It is located in Columbia South Carolina.

link: Kawasaki 2005 ZZR®1200

1 - 3 of 3 Posts