Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asbestos flame guard: This isn't anything I'm planning on doing immediately. This is what I'm thinking, after three or four years of riding are under my belt on what is soon to be my Ninja starter.

Anyway. I was sitting on bikes yesterday, trying to find what would be my 'ultimate' bike that I moved up to after I got a few years of experience on the EX I'm going to be getting this winter. I really had hoped for a VFR, because sport-tourers are sexy AND practical, which just kicks more ass than can be said. I found that I can't even put the balls of my feet down solidly, which crushed that hope. I have been told that the Kawasaki ZZR-600 is similar to the older model VFR (80-early 90's), and could be comparable for a sport-tourer. Anyone have any experience with these? At this point, I'm just counting my chickens before they hatch... But it's damn fun, fantasizing over what I *will* be riding later on down the road...

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I mentioned that what I would have ultimately liked to see myself on was a VFR. I can barely touch the ground on that baby, though. It's just not happening, not even after I have years of experience under my belt.

I'm looking for something on the sporty end of the sport tourers. IE, something I could presumably ride for a fair distance (Marina CA to San Antonio TX to visit my family, mainly). You know, the sort of thing that screams "I wanted a sportbike, but I wanted something practical to!" ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
i have a zzr i love mine has good power and very confertibale (i cant spell). the zzr 1100(zx-11d,e) witch is older i think isnt much higher up then the 600 but has alot more power...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts