Sport Bikes banner

ZZR Touring Seat

7K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  ZedZedArr 
#1 · (Edited)
So I had a custom seat made for the ZZR for this Utah trip, and thought I would post some pics. The rear seat is just a stock covered with a CF Look Luimoto Seat cover. The existing front seat was a stocker I re-covered with a Luimoto CF cover as well. This is a pic of a seat I bought off Ebay that Terry re-did.

Terry Adcox in Tullahoma, TN did the seat work. For the miles I have put on it, I find it very comfortable, but if I had to do it over again I would ask Terry to use more grippy material. With the Luimoto it grips you so you don't slide around. This material on mine is fairly slick, and allows me to slide forward, sometimes unintentionally during braking.

Stock seats can be had for cheap off Ebay if, like me, you don't want to modify your stocker.

Terry's email is kawasaki373880@yahoo.com if you want to chat with him on redoing a seat. He can take a stock seat and significantly change it based on what you want...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ray that seat looks really comfortable. I like it.

#3 ·
It even goes with the lines of the bike, so while it is different than the stock, the look has grown on me. The big benefit? If you slide back it takes pressure off my hips somewhat. Less pressure/less fatigue...

Attachments

#4 ·
What did everything run you and what was the turn around time?

#5 ·
You know i would be considered as someone that would nitpick over small things lol but ya know i kinda like that seat. Only thing i would say is I would not ask for extra grip so its easier to shift my body weight going through turns.

I also suffered with sliding forward until i started running tank grips. I need to purchase a new set, stompgrips don't last. I'm going with a different brand when i get a new set.

#8 ·
I ordered Tech Spec snakeskins for my 10r, and my email to TechSpec regarding them making a set for the ZZR apparently went unanswered. I have a set of 'tankslapper' film that I used but took off, and that could be used to pattern a set for our bike.

You can buy sheet material and make your own, but I am picky and would rather have a set they cut out.

Turn around on the seats will vary based on his workload. He works at a Kawasaki place and is well known for KLR650 seats. He completely redid my buddy's Versys seat - it is near unrecognizable from the stock he started with. Turn around on my seat was like two weeks.

I won't comment openly on price, since I'm not sure how he determines that. I will say it was under $200. Depending on what you want done to the stocker, it may be more or less. I told him about my trip and asked him to go to it. I like the result.

Jay - if you are interested you can ship to him and if you are not in a hurry I can pick up and bring it to the Gap or Indy and save you ship cost back.

#10 ·
I think they would work, but I wanted more coverage, like with the tankslapper film. If they could sell 10 or more sets they likely would consider it more. I can't blame them for not wanting to make a one-off for a bike that is no longer in production.

#12 ·
Over 6k miles on the seat, and I can say it is a vast improvement in comfort. I still slide around more on it than I like, but sitting back it supports the hips quite well. I think our longest days were around 400 miles. Typical days were 250+.

#13 ·
Glad to hear the seat held up okay. Are you going to change the cover?

#14 ·
That seat looks great. I bought a Corbin this spring and the only criticism I would make of it is that the seat height drops by an inch or so, which doesn't do my legs any favors. So my butt is comfy for hours but the legs still need a break after an hour or so. I suspect Corbin designs them for average leg length, and I'm 6'1.

Surprised to hear stomp grips don't last, I'm on year 2 with mine and they're like new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.