Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I am finally getting around to messing with my suspension on my zx7. I have the bike apart and I am going to start in the rear. I have no idea how to raise the ride height....lol....I removed the cotter pin and the upper locking nut, what next? What is the easiest way to lower the front also. Any help would be appreciated, also with your setting would be awesome as well. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rot,
Well I would give you my settings, but those are in storage right now. I got them a few years ago from a Brit mag that road tested the Zed as they call it. One of the best ways to get the bike to turn in better is to raise the rear ride height. This is fairly easy. Under the seat you will see a bolt on top of the rear shock. You can adjust this up as needed with the threads alone, although some guys on other bikes had to put some washers in. I used a jack on the swingarm to raise th tail. I believe my front forks are one 1'' from flush. As far as how many clicks on rebound/compression, I dont remember. I do have the rear shock dial to position 4 (black dial on bottom).

The ride height helped alot on getting the bike to turn and "flick" better. I had to get used to it at first. I spend most of my time in the twisties, which if ridden well, the ZX-7R rocks at! There is probably a thread on this, but switching the stock 190 to a 180 rear tire will also help make the bike feel like its lighter as you can use less effort on the bars to get the bike to lean in.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.