Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help everyone, im stuck and need everyone's honest opinon. i own a 95zx7. love it. lI love the way it looks handles, etc. Recently bout 4 months ago bought a 2004 zx636. love the way it handles, but really dont care much for the looks. the dealer had three brand new zx 7's from 2002 that he never sold. brand new. except the newer zx636 was cheaper because of rebates and financing. so my question is which bike is better as far as handling performance. would i be missing much if i decided to get the older but brand new zx 7? or stick with newer technology? dont care that the zx7 is older and harder to wheelie. your thoughts?????? I love the way the zx7 looks , always stands out just like the new zx636 but just dont like the way it looks. helllllllp

·
Registered
569 Posts
I like the 636 better. But since you own both you would know better than I do.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
go with which ever you like best, it's your bike. It kinda sound like you already have your mind set on the 7r.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'd have to say that the new 636 would give the b***** 7R a run for it's money.

As far as new bikes go, I think the 636 is sharp, but I'll agree with you... the 7R is one sweet looking bike.

How much is your dealer looking to get for a new leftover 7R?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7500 plus. he says cant really budge off the price, cuz tecnically its an older model so there are no rebates. i was thinkn of trading in da zx636 for the zx7r he has, but was really wondering how they match up against each other performance wise. i own a 95zx 7 but its old and ratty so i couldnt really compare it........ any ideas people?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
636's are nice bikes, they perform well, and are decently priced. But I think they are ugly as sin. I'd rather have the "fat girl" 7R than the "ugly annorexic girl" 636. Just my opinion though, take it for what it's worth, I haven't owned a Kawasaki newer than 94.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Funny how much peoples opinions differ. I love the looks of my 636, i think it's one of the sexiest bikes out there. As far as performance goes, i love it. It will keep me busy for years to come. :D

It's all up to you. Go with what you like the best.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would have to believe the performance between the two bikes is pretty close. If you prefer the looks of the 7R go with it. I agree that the 636 is a bit odd looking.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I would rather the 6 as it's 100lbs lighter, ugly or not. If you don't dislike the handling of your '95 compared to the new 6R, then by all means treat yourself to the new 7R if you want a pretty bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you trading the 6 for the 7 at the same dealership? how much money would you lose?

as far as the two bikes, I personally like the 7R styling over the 6! guess I'm more old-school.

·
Banned
912 Posts
LuvDog said:
I'd have to say that the new 636 would give the b***** 7R a run for it's money.

As far as new bikes go, I think the 636 is sharp, but I'll agree with you... the 7R is one sweet looking bike.

How much is your dealer looking to get for a new leftover 7R?
SMoked many older 7r's

·
Registered
400 Posts
I bought my 02 ZX7R as a left over this February. I got it for $7400 OTD. I love the looks and the handling. We had a big group this weekend run some twisties and my "fat" and "overweight" ZX7 held its own. The b***** bikes can run a little in the straights, but the 7 whoops that ass in the corners. By far the best corning bike I have ridden. I love the looks of the seven, and parts are a dime a dozen. I would recommend the 7R over the 636.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I like the lightweight 636 and the newer looks of the 636. I would take the small bike in a heartbeat. My old roommates 7R was a big pig. Of course, it was completely trashed and not a good example of a 7R. I really like the way the new 636's look though, so that is what I would choose. I have never ridden one however, but the 7R sounds too high priced to bother with.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jackal79 said:
7.5k? I guess there will be 2002 leftovers in 2010 at some dealerships...
:lol
Kawasaki will still be making the 7R in 2010 and it still wouldnt have changed since 1995 except that year they'll be offering cappucino as a color. :twofinger

·
Registered
175 Posts
Keep the 636 bro. The 7R you'll be buying is the same one you have but with new plastics. Shit, just buy the new plastics and pretend you got the new bike, it'll be cheaper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As they say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I like the looks of my 636 and my buddies at work are saying the same thing. We think it's sharp and looks mean. To top it off, it has a great motor (it beat some of the literbikes in the recent tests held in Catalunya). But then again you're the one who is gonna live with your decision so get the one which you think will work best for you. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts