Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's hard to tell, hopefully he replaced the bracket behind the slider. If not the bracket will just bend, and I doubt the sliders would do any good then. This is just a guess from what I can see in the pic.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
If he just bolted the slider to the fairing stay bracket, it (frame slider) serves absolutly no purpose. Unless modified to be stronger, which I doubt it would be songer than the frame, it would indeed just bend.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Well after my lowside out of a hairpin this weekend the Sandia track and sliding down the track on the side that those are on and where they are located...they would have done absolutly nothing. As mentioned earlier that fairing bracket stay is not strong enough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
it completely defeats the purpose if it's just on the fairing. DON'T do it.
Do it right and cut a hole in your fairing and bolt it to the engine mounts. I know it's scary and all, but I guarantee it will protect your frame much more so than just attaching to your fairing.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Yeah I would have to agree, if ya ride hard, do it right and cut the fairing. If ya trailer the thing and hang with the harleys, dont even bother putting one on if ya dont wanna cut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fitting on frame

I had a look at the pIc then walked out and looked at my bike and tried to figure out what was the large bit of chrome fitting I can see in the pic behind the Slider, see image, and to me it looks like he has a 'New' fitting between the fairing and the frame replacing the original tin-foil one.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
The fairing stay bracket had to have been modified, and so it is. Now the million dollar question is, how affective is the slider in that location?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd suspect it would be reasonably effective, as I've seen that bracket point fairly damaged on ZX-7R's that have been dropped. I'd have to see an after-drop pic though, lol.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The only way I can see it being effective is if he did re-enforce the bracket and he used both frame sliders. The one in that location and the other one with the engine bolt.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
I would have to say that technically, a frame slider, firmly mounted anywhere would help in the preservation of the fairings in the event of an accident.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts