Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah actually i've had to do it every week since i've owned mine(polished wheels). after you have it lifted, i find it's easier to do everything if the front part of the fender is off, but you don't have to take it off. next take your brake calipers loose from the forks, then loosen the allen bolts on the forks, but only for the right side(right,as your sitting on it). Next i use a spark plug socket turned backwards, but if you have the tool for the axle it is better, so on the right side loosen the axle. then you have to kinda hold the tire up while you wiggle the axle out, after that the wheel should come right down. keep track of the speed drive unit and how it is as you take it off, before you can remove the wheel completely you have to kinda work the calipers out of the opening around the rotors. should come right out though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good to have a front stand, but if you have a swingarm stand combined with jackstands that will work. Everything Blue said, also I just bought Motion Pros axle tool, that has different sizes for the front axles, I think it was $45, in case you don't have your tool kit anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts