Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am getting a new bike. I've been looking at kawasaki zx6r's, but I ran into a brand new 03' zx6rr for $7,000. I won't be racing, just around town and weekend riding. Is there a big difference between the two? Is that too good a deal to pass up or should I get what I really want and get the 6r? Is there a differance in comfort. Any replys would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
First give your insurance company a call and see if there is difference between the two. The biggest reason I bought the rr over the 636 is I got a slighter better deal (a few hundred cheaper) and my insurance was 800$ less a year!
The 636 will have a stronger midrange than the rr model. The rr has slightly higher compression with forged pistons to make up for some (not all!) of the power output of the 636. The rr also has an adjustable swingarm that you will likely never use, and a slipper clutch that you may :) . As far as comfort goes the bikes are identical, but off of the dealer floor the rr will come with stiffer settings.
If for you both bikes are the same insurance cost, price, and you don't plan on heading to the track with it, I'd go for the 636.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts