PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY
MEDICAL PAYMENTS COVERAGE..... $1000..... $35.61
COMPREHENSIVE $1000 DEDUCTIBLE....ACV..... $102.87
COLLISION $1000 DEDUCTIBLE.... ACV....$543.56
UNINSURED MOTOR VEHICLE....100/300/10.... $25.57
UNDERINSURED MOTOR VEHICLE.... 100/300.... $29.23
TOTAL OF 12 MONTH PREMIUM $935.03
MONTHLY PREMIUM (SERVICE CHARGE NOT INCLUDED) $77.92

So this is the quote I got for an 08 zx6r in Indiana. If i were to just go with liability would I only have to pay 198.19 a year? Or is what he quoted me already minimum? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I have never dealt with insurance before. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea if i buy it it will be paid off. (planning on trading truck for bike + cash) The reason I would go with state farm is that I could be under my dad's policy (I'm 17) and I have various other discounts with them. (good student, teen safe driver). But are you telling me that 192 or whatever it was would be all I have to pay for liability?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sportbikes are thieves magnets. Get comprehensive, its a must. Also underinsured coverage is really a good idea. You can drop collision coverage after the bike is paid off.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The more cash you have, the less insurance you need.

Would it be a HUGE problem if the bike was stolen? If so, make sure you have comprehensive. If it's not a big deal, financially, you can skip it.

Would it be a HUGE problem if you hit something, and did, say... $2,000 in damage, or would you simply pay out of your pocket and not worry about it.

If neither scenario above is a big deal, and you're blessed with a decent amount of available funds, then go light on the insurance. Else, be sure to keep full coverage.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I basically pay $140 a month for full coverage on my 13 zx6r from Progressive. That is with a relatively clean record: no tickets, 2 accidents. For being 17 your going to pay alot for a SS, just something you have to deal with. Maybe get married and that will help your insurance :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK thanks everyone. I think i'll do liability and comprehensive because I am pretty much getting the bike for free, so collision isn't worth 500 a year for me. :meangreen

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
^^^ Some teens are responsible. I had no issues with respecting the bike on my 650r, and if you look at the stats, the zx isn't THAT much faster. However you are right, many teens on a 600 are going to hurt themselves. I am just going to take every precaution to make sure I'm not one of them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I basically pay $140 a month for full coverage on my 13 zx6r from Progressive. That is with a relatively clean record: no tickets, 2 accidents. For being 17 your going to pay alot for a SS, just something you have to deal with. Maybe get married and that will help your insurance :p
Take a few minutes and check with Geico. I paid around $450 for a year on my 13 zx6r.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
330 Posts
Those deductibles are pretty high.

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
and if you look at the stats, the zx isn't THAT much faster.
*cough* bullshit *cough*

I've ridden the 650, and owned a 6R. It's a night and day difference. There's a reason the 650s are sometimes recommended for newer riders, and the 600s aren't.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Whooooo that is pricey even with those high deductibles. I just got quoted with State Farm, same coverage level with $250 deductible on a PANIGALE S for $720/yr. Probably because I am not 17.

Hey, you're in Indy. Go to MotoGP this weekend!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts