Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a 1995 with 151k miles. Just typing it out sounds like a bad idea. But that's why I'm here to ask if I should make the leap. I'm looking into buying a less expensive 600 until I can get the money together to buy a brand new model in cash next year Here's the link if you could help please

Custom 95 zx6 $2000

Thanks a million!! Very appreciated. I'm looking for my second bike. Coming off of 2 years with the 2012 ninja 250.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
a) no link.
b) if you have some tools and workspace, and want to learn about working on bikes, this may be a good idea. If not, then no.

PhilB

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
If it has 151,000 miles, the thing has been taken care of. No bike hits that mileage without proper attention being paid to things.

I wouldn't even hesitate.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I get the impression they guy that racked up 140 000 of those miles is not the current owner the current owner seems to think HID's and a "custom paint job" ie he's painted it a colour other than factory is more important than anything else.

I should think you could get one in better condition that hasn't been molested as badly for similar money.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. appreciate it very much

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I'd pass at that price.

It's a 20 year old bike and it has a lot of miles. Regardless of how well it was taken care of, at that age with that kind of mileage, the chance of something going wrong is quite high. It could go another 100k without any major problems, or it could require costly repairs within the next couple thousand miles. You just don't know. You should be able to find something either newer or with less miles for that price. If you could get it for under a grand, it might be a good buy.

Since you currently have a bike, I'd keep riding your Ninja until you have the funds to buy the bike you want. Since you've currently got a ride, there's no need to settle in between.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Since no one is beating a path to his door for this bike, I'd go see it, with $1,000 cash-in-pocket.

I'll bet he'd sell it for that, once he saw the Benjamins.

It's a gamble. You might get lucky. Might not. $1,000 might be viewed by you as chump-change for a gamble. If so, why not.

If $1,000 is a lot of money to you- I wouldn't do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts