Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked up my 98 zx6r the other day. Took a while to find one in mint condition, but finally did. The bloke bought it new and hardly rode it. It only has 10,000 ks on it (6000 miles). For the last few years he only rode it once every few months to "keep it going." I dropped the oil straight away, but is there anything else i should do before it falls due for a service on the tappets? It seems to run fine, not rough at idle or anything.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would flush the coolant and replace the brake fluid. Other than that, I don't see anything else that should be changed, unless you start seeing any weird behavior. But definetly replace the coolant at the least, and if you have the time and patience, do the brakes also.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yeah, I'd change all of the fluids, prolly the tires is there's dryrot, and lube as much as you can.

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks blokes, ill drop the coolant as well, once i have a look and work out how to do it. If i cant i might have to get the service done early. I probably dont feel confident enough bleeding the brakes, cuz id sure hate to stuff that up, get an airpocket or something in there. Ill look into it anyway thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts