Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into possibly acquiring a ZX12R. Can owners tell me there likes and dislikes. Mechanical problems? Years to stay away from? Comfort if you spend hours in the saddle? Actual Fuel Consumption? (Reading online its not that great???)

Sean

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
I've had one for 7 years now. I can't say there are too many things I dont like about it. Gas mileage perhaps and the clutch being somewhat weak for drag racing. I get around 27 28 mpg or so, however thats with a 1270cc bigbore kit, exhaust and some other work. Plus 1 tooth down in the front. A stock bike will likely do better. check out www.zx-12r.org and www.bikeland.org, both are good sites..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got a 00 12r, and can't really think of anything I don't like about it. A buddy has an 00 also, and he loves his too. I get 32 to almost 40 mpg. Funny thing is the harder I ride it, the better the milage I get. Buddys' is the same way. It's as comfortable as you'll find, but when we ride we stop every hour or so. Mechanically, I got 24K on it with NO problems. Put some tires on it that give you confidence, and you can run with anything. And doing roll-ons is a blast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.