Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 93 ZX11D and anytime I ride for more than 30 minutes the heat coming out the right side of my bike is UNREAL and practicly cooks my leg and ankle. Is there any fix for this..If not I'm seriously considering selling the bike. I love it, but it's so annoying on longer rides during the day that I don't even enjoy it. At night when it's cooler I don't notice as much, but during the day forget it!.. HELP!!!

·
Just a Commuter
58 Posts
I have a 2K ZX-11 and mine is the same way. You have to go faster so it doesn't burn so much or just play it smart and PUT YOUR GEAR ON! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wear helmet, joe rocket phoenix jacket and jeans always. still cooks my leg, and I doubt leathers would make it any better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I where a pair of SIDI sport boots, never have a problem with the heat from the pipes. This heat dissipation condition is a charactistic of the ZX-11 sport-tourer bike; By wearing boots, the heat dissipation around the lower leg area is never felt. Any sport boots would probably yield the same results as the SIDI boots. Unfortunately due to this ZX-11 characteristic, it is not a bike that can be riden with shorts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts