Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's my story. I bought a ninja650r as my first bike last summer and rode it for a few weeks, and then made the tough decision to trade for a lifted truck ( i did it for the money, loved that bike). I am trying to get a bike again and someone offered me a zx10r with high 20k miles, 700 bucks, and a 22 ruger LR. My question is whether i should keep the zx10r or trade for a zx6r and some cash. I am about 80% leaning towards the 600 because of my skill level, but just wanted to be sure, because that means posting the zx10 for sale and I hate c-list.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do people get the idea that 30k miles is a lot for a bike? My 06 r6 has almost 29k on it right now and it still runs mint.
I don't know if you are talking about me, but i tried to clarify that i meant closer to 30k than 20k. I am aware that these bikes last pretty much as long as you want them (if you put in the effort). Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I don't know if you are talking about me, but i tried to clarify that i meant closer to 30k than 20k. I am aware that these bikes last pretty much as long as you want them (if you put in the effort). Thanks for the reply!
He was just saying in general. Lots of people think 30k is high for a supersport. I also vote for the ZX6 at the most or even better another Ninja 650/SV650//GSF650F and even more cash.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea i tried for another 650, but there aren't as many for sale and nobody that I have talked to so far wanted to put in any cash. I think I am going to do the zx6r. That is if my dad doesn't make me sell it, although I have had a few friends offer for me to live with them if he kicks me out :giggle

·
Registered
330 Posts
The 6 is definitely *less* likely to get you into trouble than the ZX10. As an addition, you may be able to trade the 6 for a more reasonable bike a bit more easily then zx10. I won't go into why the 6 is probably more bike than you are ready for after only a few weeks of riding, as you seem to realize that already.

At any rate, welcome back! Ride safe, ATGATT.

Reactions: TheGrouchyCat
1 - 10 of 10 Posts