Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my 7R I heard that a 9R swaps right into the frame, and uses the same electronics, cables etc....How true is this? Searched a bit on the internet, and here but couldnt find anything.

-Jake

·
Registered
101 Posts
Saki said:
When I first got my 7R I heard that a 9R swaps right into the frame, and uses the same electronics, cables etc....How true is this? Searched a bit on the internet, and here but couldnt find anything.

-Jake

I've done the swap and posted a guide on how to do it step by step. All the info you need is on the following site:

www.webzxr.co.uk

followign the link for tuned zxr's and Skydorks zx7/9R

·
Registered
101 Posts
On the left-hand side of the main page is a button for "Tuned ZXR's". When that page opens, about half-way down is a hyper-link to the page called "Skydorks ZX-7/9".

·
Registered
605 Posts
SkyDork said:
On the left-hand side of the main page is a button for "Tuned ZXR's". When that page opens, about half-way down is a hyper-link to the page called "Skydorks ZX-7/9".
Thank you Sky

·
Registered
101 Posts
Zippy said:
so.....is it fast?
Yeah, it's pretty darn quick. A LOT more fun to ride in my opinion. All of the looks and handling of the 7R, with the power of the 900. It's great! :lol

I've got it geared a -1 +1 on it, so top speed is down, but I've seen 165mph on the speedo, so that's actually in the 150 range. Second gear throttle wheelies are now possible, if you give it a little bounce, but it justs rips out of the corners! It's nice to have a little sleeper bike too.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know almost all bike speedo's are a bit optimistic, but did you change from a front wheel pickup speedo to an electronic or crank pickup one?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tiamat said:
I know almost all bike speedo's are a bit optimistic, but did you change from a front wheel pickup speedo to an electronic or crank pickup one?
No, I'm still using the mechanical pickup from the front wheel hub that is standard on the ZX-7R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts