Sport Bikes banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Its such a close race between the two where rider experience would matter.
In my opinion, id pick the ZX-12 purely over the looks of the Hayabusa.
Plus every one has a Hayabusa like everyone has a Honda CBR.

·
Registered
197 Posts
'02 and up handles much better and has much smoother power (if smoother is a word). I got mine because I changed from a V-max that didn't like to turn. The Hayabusa and 12 are very similar in all out power but the 12 handles significantly better and is a LOT more comfortable on long rides. With very few exceptions I also don't like the looks of the Hayabusa as well. Another plus is that when you take your "ZX-12r" stickers off, everyone thinks it's a 600 and you don't get every fool trying to race you at EVERY corner. It gets annoying (trust me). It's pretty hard to hide a Hayabusa as being a Hayabusa. Any way, here's mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
The new litre class bikes are too narrow focused for me .. i ride every day to and from work ... scratch on the weekends and do some occasional touring. The 12 was more of an all rounder. I chose it over the busa cause it was more similar to the fzr1000 i had before it and it handles better than the busa. Both are awesome bikes to ride tho ... all comes down to personal preference. This is my baby ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Cecil_Stringer said:
I have yet to ride one of the new liter bikes.

Statistically they are supior to us big boys (ZX12R & GSX1300R) in both hp and weight (but not in torque ;) ).

My guess is it would depend on what you are looking for.
I live in Florida... lots of long straights with some decent curves here and there.
I choose a larger bike.
Some who ride in areas that are more twistie in nature will likely prefer the nimbleness of the slightly smaller liter bikes.

Personally, I really enjoy my Busa, as I am sure the ZX12R owners do.
I get a sense of satisfaction from staying right behind the liter bikes through the curves (holding on for dear life), then blasting past then on the straights.

But to answer your original question... Yes. IMHO, the Big Boys still reign supreme... especially above 100. :D
Cecil, and what praytail are you "blasting by on the straights"??????????????

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought an 05 like the one pictured above this past April and I love it! I like the looks over the Busa and there seem to be fewer of them, I have yet to see another 05 12 on the road. Close to 4000 miles and only problem I had is that I had to replace the rear tire! Either bike would be a good choice, I just like the looks of the 12R!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts