Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2000 ZX-12R with 8200 miles on it from a dealership in northwest Illinois for $2,500 out the door. It has a noisy 4th gear so something's wrong but it shifts just fine. Since riding this bike and being thoroughly impressed with its high rpm power, I've decided to rebuild it...make it better.

To that end I've bought a JE 1287 piston kit, a Muzzys SS system, PCIII, new tranny, -1 countersprocket, set of stock cams. I'm going to send the cams off to Orient Express to get a custom grind. I'm also about to shell out the bucks for a stock crankshaft that I will, in turn, send to Muzzys in exchange for the 60mm stroker.

When its all said and done I hope to have a 200+ horsepower, 1390cc bike. I also bought a Dyna Shift light set-up and a GIPro gear indicator. Can't wait to get it all finished (some time in '09).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I picked up a 2000 ZX-12R with 8200 miles on it from a dealership in northwest Illinois for $2,500 out the door. It has a noisy 4th gear so something's wrong but it shifts just fine. Since riding this bike and being thoroughly impressed with its high rpm power, I've decided to rebuild it...make it better.

To that end I've bought a JE 1287 piston kit, a Muzzys SS system, PCIII, new tranny, -1 countersprocket, set of stock cams. I'm going to send the cams off to Orient Express to get a custom grind. I'm also about to shell out the bucks for a stock crankshaft that I will, in turn, send to Muzzys in exchange for the 60mm stroker.

When its all said and done I hope to have a 200+ horsepower, 1390cc bike. I also bought a Dyna Shift light set-up and a GIPro gear indicator. Can't wait to get it all finished (some time in '09).
Didn't get the crankshaft. Would've had to send the pistons in to get a special cut (not included in the price). Will deal with the cammed 1287. Going to send the cams to Orient in the next week or two. Can't hardly wait!

GSXR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey GSXRAssassin, keep me posted on your progress. I wold really like to know how the bike turns out. I got the same one 2000 full muzzy, power commander, and few look goodies (you know the bling lol). And believe me the new bikes aint got much to nothing on her the way she sits now, but i have been thinking about the 520 kit and the big bore kit, I would figure that their doomed then but I'm curious as to how much over the cost. So with all that said I'll keep the roads locked down for you, for now but cant wait to hear what that monster your creating will do. Take it ez out there n b safe.
-E-

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey GSXRAssassin, keep me posted on your progress. I wold really like to know how the bike turns out. I got the same one 2000 full muzzy, power commander, and few look goodies (you know the bling lol). And believe me the new bikes aint got much to nothing on her the way she sits now, but i have been thinking about the 520 kit and the big bore kit, I would figure that their doomed then but I'm curious as to how much over the cost. So with all that said I'll keep the roads locked down for you, for now but cant wait to hear what that monster your creating will do. Take it ez out there n b safe.
-E-
Got distracted for a moment in a lot of talk about whether or not to stroke the engine but finally settled on just boring her out. Cams are on their way to Orient Express TODAY!

GSXR

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be adding pics soon of how the bike looks right now. Don't laugh, she's in rough shape!

GSXR

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be adding pics soon of how the bike looks right now. Don't laugh, she's in rough shape!

GSXR
I won't be adding anything. I ran into a major, life-changing problem and I don't have a dime for this project (and won't have one for a while). Everything I've got is for sale, the bike, the pipe, everything. Most of it is gone and the money's going straight toward the problem I'm facing. Sorry to have to change direction so quickly and so extremely but I'm forced. If I don't get rid of the bike I'll probably end up losing things that are more valuable to me. Sorry guys. Thanks.

GSXR

·
Registered
2 Posts
thats too bad man

well... I might be interested in taking some or all that stuff off your hands and yes I am sorry to hear that things didnt work out for you. give me a list of what you got and where your at, might even be able to take the bike from you too if possible...
my e-mail is [email protected] or you can post it here I get the automatic updates to your post. thanks and as I said I'm sorry it didnt work out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts