Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Thanks for the heads up superbiker. I hope I hear something from Kawasaki soon.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Well the recall has officially hit the US. I went to the Kawasaki website and entered my VIN number and it list Front Wheel Replacement as an Outstanding Recall Repair.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Should be posted as a sticky! Or just ride wheelies all the time...

"ZX-10R recall warning
Kawasaki is recalling the ZX-10R and advising owners NOT TO RIDE until they have had their front wheels replaced.
The firm says only three front wheels have been reported as defective, globally, but, "for the reassurance of customers we have decided to replace all front wheels, regardless of their condition, free of charge."
The statement from Kawasaki continues: "We are instructing customers not to use their motorcycle until the front wheel is replaced. We expect the majority of machines retailed in Europe to be modified by early September."
The firm says there is the possibility of loan bikes in "special circumstances".
ZX-10R owners should contact their dealers immediately."

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
thats weird that they would have a recall with only 3 defects...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude the wheels failed at speed and people got injured. Each instance was determined as a casting problem on the wheel. Are they supposed to wait until 10 or 20 people get hurt? :dunno

·
Registered
4 Posts
FACT I got my recall notice yesturday.

FACT checked my VIN on the website and confirmed 2 weeks ago.

FACT local dealership has the wheels on Backorder

FACT I'm still ridin

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I'm playing it safe an am not riding mine until my rim is exchanged. Not a real big deal, I'll just ride my other bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HEED the recall warning: consequences here

I have a friend that had to have his right leg amputated at the hip because of a motorcycle accident riding a new ZX10R.
The front wheel of the motorcycle failed during riding.
He took off from a light, and said the bike just started shaking/wobbling, he veered off the road towards a center divider and the bike landed on him.
The bike was his borrowed, and the owner told him that sometimes it would shake a little with him.
The recall notice came to the bike owner while my friend was recovering in the hospital.
He can drive and automatic car with his left leg, and has to wait for full healing before a prosthetic can be fitted.
If you are in West Palm Beach, see me at Hooters on Tuesday and I'll let you see for yourself.

A recall from 3 failures means that is all they wish to disclose.
A recall is EXTREMELY expensive for a manufacturer, and you can best believe that there is more information to support the recall than what they say to the public.
Incidentally, Congress passed a bill that now allows vehicle manufacturers to withold vehicle failure data from the public (because the manuf says the competition may use it against them)...can you believe it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
donville said:
I have a friend that had to have his right leg amputated at the hip because of a motorcycle accident riding a new ZX10R.
The front wheel of the motorcycle failed during riding.
He took off from a light, and said the bike just started shaking/wobbling, he veered off the road towards a center divider and the bike landed on him.
The bike was his borrowed, and the owner told him that sometimes it would shake a little with him.
The recall notice came to the bike owner while my friend was recovering in the hospital.
He can drive and automatic car with his left leg, and has to wait for full healing before a prosthetic can be fitted.
If you are in West Palm Beach, see me at Hooters on Tuesday and I'll let you see for yourself.

A recall from 3 failures means that is all they wish to disclose.
A recall is EXTREMELY expensive for a manufacturer, and you can best believe that there is more information to support the recall than what they say to the public.
Incidentally, Congress passed a bill that now allows vehicle manufacturers to withold vehicle failure data from the public (because the manuf says the competition may use it against them)...can you believe it?
How was that the wheels fault? How much riding experience did that guy have? My 10 gets the wobbles if I let off the clipons around 50, but only as is decelerates.

·
Registered
200 Posts
champ91 said:
FACT I got my recall notice yesturday.

FACT checked my VIN on the website and confirmed 2 weeks ago.

FACT local dealership has the wheels on Backorder

FACT I'm still ridin
Yeah, but I bet your sporting some nice sliders............. :lol

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Well I finally got my new rim mounted today so now I can ride worry free!!!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Ground Zero said:
At least you will not have to worry about the rim... just the the idiots on the road. :twofinger
Well that's a given. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts