Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MCN has reported a recall from Kawasaki for the front wheels of the ZX-10R, advising owners not to ride until they have been replaced (free of charge by the dealer). I believe this is a global recall.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?p...urceId=1105680&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

I guess now would be a good time for you ZX-10R owners to justify getting some of those really sweet Marchesini 5-spoke rims. When it's safety, the missus will understand. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
welby said:
Don't ride your bike until Septmember, possibly alot longer.. Well, tell me that wouldn't blow.
Well I've got a ZX-10R, dealer told me early / middle September so it sucks big time....

A friend of mine was riding (on his ZX-10R) twisties in Austria, he's now going home with the bike but ow so slow....

O well... it happens....

·
Registered
58 Posts
frank5079 said:
Just wheelie all the way back to the dealership..... ;)

+1. Sorry officer, here is a paper from Kawasaki that I shouldn't be using the front wheel for safety reasons. LOL

At least, the company is up front with the problem, and is going extra length to fix it.

Shit happens. It's how you deal with it that counts.

Sorry to say, but as I remember there was an issue with the 'Busa's subframe. IIRC, Suzuki never admitted there was a problem. However, they started making it from steel instead of aluminum. :eek:

·
Registered
75 Posts
hahahahahaha.....

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
welby said:
Don't ride your bike until Septmember, possibly alot longer.. Well, tell me that wouldn't blow.
This is why I'm glad I kept my 750. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts