·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stole this from MCN...

Motorcyclenews said:
July 30 2004
ZX-10R recall warning
Kawasaki is recalling the ZX-10R and advising owners NOT TO RIDE until they have had their front wheels replaced.
The firm says only three front wheels have been reported as defective, globally, but, "for the reassurance of customers we have decided to replace all front wheels, regardless of their condition, free of charge."
The statement from Kawasaki continues: "We are instructing customers not to use their motorcycle until the front wheel is replaced. We expect the majority of machines retailed in Europe to be modified by early September."
The firm says there is the possibility of loan bikes in "special circumstances".

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Sucks to be kawi! Bet they are going to be backordered on wheels. This could get nasty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmmm.. I wonder what the problem is???

And I also wonder if people are actually going to stop riding their bike until they get the new wheel... :dunno

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
WOW. New front tires for every one??? Damn, I hope they don't have that many out there.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PimpsGirl said:
And I also wonder if people are actually going to stop riding their bike until they get the new wheel... :dunno
Only if they're smart...

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
L8 Braker said:
Only if they're smart...

No........ that would mean they would trade it in on a zuki :twofinger

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naughty76 said:
No........ that would mean they would trade it in on a zuki :twofinger
The funny thing is, I am still yet to see one being ridden around Lakeland...And they've been out for how long??????...Ever seen one at Beefs???...

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
L8 Braker said:
The funny thing is, I am still yet to see one being ridden around Lakeland...And they've been out for how long??????...Ever seen one at Beefs???...

Yeah actually I have seen a couple at beef's. You were there one time when there was one there. The guy was Darren's friend. Darren had the orange 636 and his friend (squid that never wears a lid) was up there on his orange zx-10. I remember another time seeing a blue one. I have a friend that has a green one. But he has so many damn bikes I don't really see him riding it THAT much. I can't wait to talk to him to see what he says about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts