Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 1990 zx-10 in houston for 2500 http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/6/4/79967164.htm

the 250r sold after I got all the paperwork done :( :a2 Anyone know anything about the old zx10? Like weight HP tourque reliablity brakes ect... and any other info would be greatly helpfull thnx

·
Registered
886 Posts
I had a 1988 FZR 1000. Probably pretty similar. I raced my friend on his 2004 gsxr 600 a couple times. 20-140 and 40-100, pretty much neck and neck the whole way everytime. Alot more tourqe than the 600. Handling was better than my hayabusa, but obviously worse than my buddies 600. More than enough handling for any sort of street riding.

You are taking a risk buying a 90' bike though... My 88' was junk in terms of reliability. In fact it was unsafe and frusterating and took the joy out of riding to a large extent. Thats why I got rid of it. Your better off saving up for a modern, fuel injected bike with low miles assuming you got a lot of time on that ninja 250 in, or just bite the bullet and finance a couple grand to get something newer.

Also we went to a go cart track once and his times were 2-3 seconds faster. I'm not really sure if he was a better rider, but we were at least in the same league. I also had sport touring tires fitted wheras he had 208s. It was getting a bit lively when I started dragging knees.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
no way I'd get that bike for that price. fairing's missing, should be priced lower. body parts for that bike will not be easy to acquire.

nice bike though, that bike is straight out of top gun. if you like that body style maybe go for a newer ZX-11?

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
The ZX10 is a good bike. I had a 90 myself. However a really really clean one would bring 2500, not a bike missing half the bodywork. Thats a 1000 dollar machine....

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
i also had a 1000R it was a pretty good bike for the time i had it. Its up to you man, that $2500 could be a good down payment on a good used one locally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts