Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I had a 49cc Honda a few years ago that was good for maybe 35mph stock and closer to 40mph modified. That was just good for running around town a bit, but for busy streets with higher speed limits, I would have definately been looking for a little more power to keep up with traffic instead of being constantly passed.

:edit Not saying that you shouldn't get the 49cc one, but at least for me, I usually didn't take any streets that the speed limit was 40 or above. Plenty of 35 mph streets that I could navigate easily with the 49cc scoot, even in it's stock form. Not sure where you're looking at riding yours.

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
You're a pussy if you don't buy the 125!:eek:nfloor

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,896 Posts
The 50cc is quite slow in stock form, about 35mph on a good day. However, being a 2-smoke it can be modified, heavily, to the point where it can go 70mph.

The downside is that you would have spent enough money to get both, 50cc and a 125cc, Zumas, and the engine won't last for a very long time.

The 125cc will do 60mph stock, maybe 65mph on a very good day with perfect conditions and the engine will last forever... Well, not forever, but if taken care of, everything will have fallen apart before the engine dies.

They are about the same size, and while the 50cc uses less gas, you'll end up paying more for the 2 smoke oil.

If I were buying new, I would definitely go for the 125cc, not only for the speed, but the main reason is that the 125cc has 12" wheels, while the 50cc has 10" ones. Potholes are quite unfriendly to small wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts