Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
undefined
I'm thinking about trading up from a 750 nighthawk to one of the modern "naked" streetbikes - any thoughts on what I should choose? the 919 looks great, but I have read about an exhaust smell problem.....
what are the main differences between these two bikes? any recomendations?
Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
or the z1000? I have heard nothing but good things about the z1000, haven't heard anything about the 919, and the zrx has been the same for about a million years.. all in all it depends on what u want the bike for.. speed.. comfort/touring.. etc. etc. Basically pick the one which looks best and is most comfortable to you.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
I've known people who have owned them, and I'm yet to hear either side say something negative about either bike...One thing I know the Kawi has is a huge trunk under the seat...My buddy used to bring a change of clothes in that thing (shoes included) :2eek :lol

I am partial to Honda and underseat exhausts, but I don't think you'll regret getting either bike...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take a look at both the sv1000 & the z1000 (i've heard good things about them both) - i do like the retro look of the zrx...one of the reasons i'm looking at these two models is that a dealer here has some 2003 models (unused) for around $8500.00 CDN

·
Registered
200 Posts
A little heavier, but the ZRX is a great all around bike. They all need a few mods, but I love my ZRX. I can ride with most of the crotch rockets at the track with no problem. In fact you can with all of them. Just gotta see what you want from the bike, mod it, and go. I did shocks, forks, jet kit and Muzzy. I can ride the intermediate level and dip into the advanced level if they'd let me. The bike helps but it's the rider. But anyways, the ZRX is great! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
re

i've also heard good things about the z1000 but nothing on the 919 i was kind of looking for the high and low points on the 919 thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a ZRX and love it. It does have a good sized trunk under the seat for storage, handles great, especially for a bike with its heft. A buddy I ride with has a 919. I can't say anything about it first hand but he loves his and it also handles quite well. The ZRX has quite a bit more power though. Yesterday after riding through Deals Gap and were on our way home he decided to do a little high speed traveling. He topped out at what was about 135 indicated on my speedo. I pulled up along side of him and held it for a second or 2 then hit the gas and walked away on up to an indicated 145 and still pulling. I wouldn't judge the 919 based on that though. It is one good running bike. 1200 vs 919 was the difference there.

Don't let these tupperware torpedo pilots tell you these bikes are slow either. Check out the movie trailers of this guy on a 919. Honda should pay this guy to use his vids to sell 919's. http://www.drsardonicus.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your input guys! i've decided to go for the zrx - seem to hear only good things about it. the honda looks great (& sounds like it performs great too), but after reading some emails on www.stinkissue.com i don't think i want to chance it....
cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also check out the Yamaha FZ1, probably the smoothest bike I've ever owned. And you gotta love the R1 engine.

·
Registered
454 Posts
ZrxMark said:
I own a ZRX and love it. It does have a good sized trunk under the seat for storage, handles great, especially for a bike with its heft. A buddy I ride with has a 919. I can't say anything about it first hand but he loves his and it also handles quite well. The ZRX has quite a bit more power though. Yesterday after riding through Deals Gap and were on our way home he decided to do a little high speed traveling. He topped out at what was about 135 indicated on my speedo. I pulled up along side of him and held it for a second or 2 then hit the gas and walked away on up to an indicated 145 and still pulling. I wouldn't judge the 919 based on that though. It is one good running bike. 1200 vs 919 was the difference there.

Don't let these tupperware torpedo pilots tell you these bikes are slow either. Check out the movie trailers of this guy on a 919. Honda should pay this guy to use his vids to sell 919's. http://www.drsardonicus.com/
shame on you mark! going on a high speed run without me!! :D

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I'd have a ZRX over a 919. But I own an FZ1, which is better than both IMO. I don't care for the SV1S which is too sporty in position. The plain SV is completely unfaired, which like a speed triple or 919 makes it undesireable for me. The Z1000 is trying to be too space aged for my tastes. The 919 is a nice bike now that they come in a real color, but for the money, it's too little of a bike in its performance although it does feel nice and small. Bandit is a decent bike too for that matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts