Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I didn't know where to put this but I just have a simple (maybe) question. What is the difference between the zongshen 250 and the ninja 250? Speed, handling, suspension. This is my first bike and I'm just curious is all. Thanks

Nikki:)

·
Registered
936 Posts
One is a well known name brand with support and plenty of parts, the other is a Zongshen. Saying it's a 250 is a stretch as the info I found is that it is a 230cc and not a 249cc like the Ninja. Sounds like a Hyosung only not nearly as good/reliable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is why it's a beginner bike and cheap as hell. Drop it a few times, beat it up...sounds like the perfect bike for that ;)

·
Registered
917 Posts
This is why it's a beginner bike and cheap as hell. Drop it a few times, beat it up...sounds like the perfect bike for that ;)
As long as you don't break any parts. I can't speak from experience but I'm assuming it's way easier to get replacements for the Kawi.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's an actual website for the Zongie. I honestly prob wont have it for more than a year.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Buy a used Ninja, ride it and sell it for what you bought it for or buy the Zongshen that you likely wont even be able to give away and piss $2000 away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 250... lol been there done that. Its a perfect beginners bike. I had the 08 Kaw and I loved every bit of it until I couldn't get it past 120. Paid 3 grand for it and glad I did.

Sent From Planet-FBMS

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
Buy a used Ninja, ride it and sell it for what you bought it for or buy the Zongshen that you likely wont even be able to give away and piss $2000 away.
Except the ninja will actually be worth something when you are done with it.
What these guys said. If you buy an older ninja you'll be able to resell it in a year for about the same as what you paid for it. If you buy a Zongshit you're gonna have to pay someone to haul it away in a year. Stop making excuses to buy cheap junk. Do a little searching around here on the Ninja 250, and the Hyosung, and ask yourself seriously why everyone recommends the kawi and none of the others. There is a reason.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's kind of late to give her shit for it, she already owns the bike.

As long as you like the bike and it gets you around fine, that's all that matters. Use it to learn the basics and get comfortable riding, then sell it on CL and upgrade. I started on a 250, they are definitely the easiest bikes to learn on. What was the final price on the Zonshen ?

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Hi all. I didn't know where to put this but I just have a simple (maybe) question. What is the difference between the zongshen 250 and the ninja 250? Speed, handling, suspension. This is my first bike and I'm just curious is all. Thanks

Nikki:)
The Ninja 250 has about three times the hp, the suspension is actually better (specially the rear shock), the brakes on the Ninja are better and the reliability of the Ninja is leaps and bounds better.

Oh, and the Ninja has a resale value, you'll have to pay someone to take the Zongshen off your hands.

Other than that, have fun with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im sorry I really didnt want to start a rant here. I already have the zongshen and thats pretty clear if you view my profile. As for the ninja that i obviously shoulda got...my bad. i paid 600 dollars for the zong and thats all it is and all it ever will be. I didnt want too good of a bike and i was advised to start on a cheapie. The bike is in good shape and yes i prob should have waited before jumping the gun but it.works, it looks brand new, and im an impatient ass who will never learn to be patient.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The way your post was written I didn't realize you already owned it (and I rarely read profiles). Like the others said, take the MSF, practice, ride it until it breaks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Already took the msf course. Got my endoresment and now im just trying to get some road riding in. I appreciate all the advice given. I like the bike and its just fine as a starter bike. This is a stepping stone for me and im as happy as could be.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts