Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Z1000 that I put Muzzy's slip-ons on, and the damn things just too loud now. Am thinking about getting the Arata full Ti system or a Hindle system, but was wondering if anyone on here has heard these systems and how they sound. Don't want to piss of the neighborhood too much. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
If they are getting old, you might want to re-pack them. Otherwise, you might be able to fabricate some baffles for it to deaden the sound a little bit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
On my friends Z1000, he just bought an older ZX-7R header and had a muffler shop fab up a mid pipe, and then put a Muzzy muffler on the end and it's pretty sweet. Now, he has a 4-1 exhaust ( He seriously lost +30 lbs by droppin the stock pipes) and it's not that loud. Total cost was $240 bucks. It's a really good alternative if want a 4-1 setup. Although you already said you have a Muzzy and it's too loud, so I don't really know what "you" think is too loud. I think my friends custom Muzzy isn't that loud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my wife's GSX-R600 has the Arrow system on it and I think it's about perfect - tooling around below 8K RPM it's pretty mellow, but above that it rips pretty good. So when we go thru some of the little towns around here we're not being so loud as to piss off all the locals like the local cruiser groups do. The sport bikers around here try to be a bit more respectful and mature then most of the cruiser people do. Anyways, just wondering if anyone out there has heard the Arata and Hindle and how it might compare to the Arrow.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i had a hindle on my R6, wasnt too loud at all unless you really rip it open. but compared to my neighbord D&D, Hindle sounds stock lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts