Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets get a list of aftermarket mods going with things you can buy as well a those that you made. Post up your links for your favorite and I will edit them onto this list.

Performance:
Apperance:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, lets start with a Micron exhaust and a Mototeck undertail

ProGrip grips, Carbon fiber brake and clutch levers

GoodRidge SS front and rear brake lines

[/IMG]

·
Registered
67 Posts
JT front 14 tooth sprocket, JT rear 49 tooth sprocket, DID VMX-Ring chain and a cuctom side plate mount

Carbon Fiber triple tree, ignition and gauge covers

Second Look seat skin and Pyramid Seat Cowl

·
Registered
19 Posts
where did you get the rear under deck delete? I hate how factory they have the second fender/splash guard and I want mine gone asap. Also, I would like to know where to get that seat cowl too. Good looking bike btw.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice bike 02BlackCat. Here is a shot of mine, and just remember, this isn't a before and after shot....

To date, I have a Dussault (sp?) undertail, Yoshi exhaust, paint, and it's jetted...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Best place to get flush mount turn signals?

·
Registered
182 Posts
any 1 know where i could find some oem stickers for my cat? im having a hard time finding them. and how do those seat cowls go on? they look awsome but i have to have some room for my stuff on longer trips so is it removable?

·
Registered
354 Posts
any 1 know where i could find some oem stickers for my cat? im having a hard time finding them. and how do those seat cowls go on? they look awsome but i have to have some room for my stuff on longer trips so is it removable?
Try Flatout Motorsports website. Drill down in the parts fiche to the part that has the sticker you want. Any dealer can get you the stickers though, Flatout tends to be the cheapest. Not sure how the cowl attaches, but it is removable AFAIK.

·
Pillion Cam
206 Posts
Gen 1 and Gen 2 bodywork is not really interchangable. That said.. With some tweaks and mods I suppose you could get 97+ body work to fit.

I don't have much experience with pre 97 models but I believe you'd need new fairing stays, new tail light and bracketry, new headlight wiring as the 97+ is single lamp. The intake plumbing is different.
There may be a possible change out in the engine covers.. Maybe not.. never looked at it close enough to notice any kind of body interference or bolt pattern problems..

the 97+ didn't have alot of major changes to the 95-96 models but there were enough little ones, especially asthetically, to make it significantly more than a simple body swap.. But it can be done.. I've seen R6 body conversions on these bikes.. So the real question is how patient are you and how deep are your pockets?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts