Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw in Boston today a silver and black yzf600 with 750 in big decals on it's tail. Hope it was not anyone here!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i seen a hundai tiburon with ferarri stickers all over it the other day :eek:nfloor

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
i seen a hundai tiburon with ferarri stickers all over it the other day :eek:nfloor
Have you seen one with "Tuscani" badging? WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL TUSCANI IS AND WHY ALL THE TIBURON GOOFS ARE PUTTING TUSCANI BADGES ON THEIR SHIT??!

But as far as this thread goes...maybe he's trying to sell the thing. Cause you know everybody wants a 750 over a 600. :squid

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
its probably a company that re-does that vehicle, kind of like STEEDA who re-makes ford mustangs and focuses

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
its probably a company that re-does that vehicle, kind of like STEEDA who re-makes ford mustangs and focuses
Well the badges are always on stock or extremely close to stock Tibs. Saw one with it on the steering wheel, and on the outside on all the plastics. It had rims, an exhaust, and that's it. Saw another one that was bone-stock, no modifications at all...and it only had the badges on the outside, steering wheel still had the Hyundai 'H'. Losers!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
f2benny said:
Saw in Boston today a silver and black yzf600 with 750 in big decals on it's tail. Hope it was not anyone here!
I knew a guy that had a gsxr 1000 and put 750 stickers on it. He would pull in a sucker every weekend. He'd start it up and issue the challenge, I've got the fastest 750 in town. Inevitably, some new guy on the street would jump up and bet him. Made some pretty good cash off the :squid s

·
Registered
511 Posts
Apparently the Tuscani is what they call the Tiburon in Asia

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
HalfLiterBeater said:
Have you seen one with "Tuscani" badging? WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL TUSCANI IS AND WHY ALL THE TIBURON GOOFS ARE PUTTING TUSCANI BADGES ON THEIR SHIT??!

Because that is the real name of the car??? Tiburon is only the name for NA.

Its just like Jetta/Bora (MKIV Jetta, Bora was its name in Europe) or Jetta/Vento (MKIII, same deal).

Its the same thing as the goofs badging their GTOs as "Monaro".

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Don't you fools know those stickers make the bike go faster?
Its been proven time and time again when people put double size rear spoilers (on a front wheel drive!) and NOS stickers on their Civics. The stickers alone cut wind sheer enough to cut 1/10th off their 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
hozhead said:
Its been proven time and time again when people put double size rear spoilers (on a front wheel drive!) and NOS stickers on their Civics. The stickers alone cut wind sheer enough to cut 1/10th off their 1/4 mile time.
lol, and the grey primer on their "body kits" reduces wind drag, and the huge gaps in the body lines gives more airflow over the engine to prevent overheating :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
966 Posts
Napalm said:
I knew a guy that had a gsxr 1000 and put 750 stickers on it. He would pull in a sucker every weekend. He'd start it up and issue the challenge, I've got the fastest 750 in town. Inevitably, some new guy on the street would jump up and bet him. Made some pretty good cash off the :squid s
Its too bad people cant recongnize the size of bike other then there "1000" or "750" sticker. There are alot of differences between the older modle GSXR then just the sticker...ie the forks, only 1000's had the gold nitrided forks, and only the 1000's had 6 piston calipers....and good god if you cant hear the difference between a 1000 and a 750 you shouldnt be on a bike. The damn 1000 has a much deeper sound, at least the older ones did.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
It may have actually been a 750. They do exist you know.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
chsnprodigy said:
Its too bad people cant recongnize the size of bike other then there "1000" or "750" sticker. There are alot of differences between the older modle GSXR then just the sticker...ie the forks, only 1000's had the gold nitrided forks, and only the 1000's had 6 piston calipers....and good god if you cant hear the difference between a 1000 and a 750 you shouldnt be on a bike. The damn 1000 has a much deeper sound, at least the older ones did.
The tail light and VIN plate would also help:eek:nfloor

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
f2benny said:
maybe he had a big bore kit on it ?

Haven't heard of anyone doing this for years, but I used to have a CB750 that was bored to 910cc and a mate of mine had a Z900 with a 1050cc kit on it.

maybe ? :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
my stepdad had that done to his banshee four wheeler, i forget what size it was after the job, but OMG it was Faaaassssstttttt!!!

·
Old enough to be your dad
99 Posts
I have 600s and liters try and whip my ole 750 ass all the time.

Too bad its a 1200~!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Gixxerworld said:
The tail light and VIN plate would also help:eek:nfloor
on the older GSXR's the tail light was all the same, im talking before the newest body style, so no the tail light wouldnt tell you jack. The VIN would work, but you would look pretty ocward with your nose 3 inches away from somones bike..... :bitchslap

1 - 20 of 24 Posts