Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess im left out of these yamaha forums. seems nobody has a 750 these days. still all in all id say my 750 is still just as good as any new 600 or 1000 out there. but thats my opinion.

maybe not as fast as the 1000 but still great in the twisties.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
thats cause nobody really uses those forums for the 600 or most of the yamahas for that matter

·
Registered
8 Posts
necro said:
i guess im left out of these yamaha forums. seems nobody has a 750 these days. still all in all id say my 750 is still just as good as any new 600 or 1000 out there. but thats my opinion.

maybe not as fast as the 1000 but still great in the twisties.

Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vcook said:
and your opinion would be wrong.
and why would you say that.
just because my bike isnt new. not that it has plenty of power 109 rwhp. can still hit 157 mph in the straights,and has some of the best brakes out there. its as fast as a buddies 2001 r6 (piped and jetted). i can still smoke most of my friends in the twisties . i just cant keep up with the 1000 in the straights.
yea big deal it cost me $11,500 new. but it was top dog 750 in 94.

plus you can pull into a local cruise and be different. i really dont care for seeing the same bike over and over again.

but your increased intellect obviously knows all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
necro said:
but your increased intellect obviously knows all.
I'm not basing this on magazines or other fluff. I'm basing it on first hand knowledge. the 750 was and is a great bike. But to say that its just as good as a new 1000 is just plain lack of knowledge on your part. There is no comparison. The yzf750 would give a new 600 a good run, but the weight would be a huge factor in the twisty bits. A better statement would be that the new 600s are just as good as the new 1000s, for that is much closer to the truth than your opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1+1=?

Originally Posted by Vcook
and your opinion would be wrong

Hey, everboby is entitled to their opinion whether right or wrong.....personally i would suggest that it is more down to rider input as much as horsepower...ask Mr. Rossi and have a look at the faces of the mighty Honda camp.

Maybe the original opinion is orchestrated by the endless Sunday stream of R1's and R6's riden by riders with less then 10 years experience who only appear when its sunny and are always in traffic....novelty car drivers...........
Hey but thats only my opinion.

What do i ride..........

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
At least you have a bike to ride, alot of people just dream of owning a bike. Everyone and even a few moms own a R6/R1 and its good to be different from others.

Kawasaki and GSXRs had the "bike to buy" in 94. Weighing a little more than the 497 wet lbs of the YZF750. 527! but they had the suspension to hang with each other which is where the Yamaha failed. Hell I would have settled for a Honda VT500 Ascot I wanted a bike so bad at one time.
Also, dont feel bad, the Kawsaki 636 did a better laptime than the R1 which was quoted "a bitter pill to swallow for R1 owners".
At the end its all in the rider.
I personally would love a 90 something FZR1000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts