Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would ask you guys how this stuff sounds as far as summer gear goes and if you have anything better than what I already want:

Already have:
My Helmet: Shoei X-11 Porto Replica

Stuff I'm Getting
Jacket:
Red Alpinestars SM-X Air Flo

Gloves:
Either Red GP Pro

Or Red GP Plus

Pants:
Icon TiMax Pants

Boots:
Sidi Vertebra 2 Air Race Boots

Any suggestions on what to keep or change?
Kepp in mind this stuff is only for hot days and I will have other pants for hard rides...

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
looks good. is that astar jacket full-grain leather? how hot does it get in the summer? ive been plannin on a mesh jacket but if that smx cools well, ill pick it up instead.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That looks like an awsome jacket, I plan on buying that one someday.

·
Registered
731 Posts
hmmm... I like those boots... just what I need.
How much are they ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Both of those sets of gloves are SERIOUS overkill compared to the rest of your gear. Awesome protection, but they're going to be very hot. Check out A-Stars SMX-5 at NewEnough.com for some great summer gloves for $60. The Icon pants are trash, and ugly at that. You'd be better off with some Ballistic overpants like Joe Rocket makes. Sidi boots are great.

·
Registered
952 Posts
That SMX jacket looks like it has as much venting as my TZ-1... just the breezy material in the arms. For me it wasnt cool enough to wear above like, 70 degrees, and anything below 50 degrees was too cold. Like During a summer day its too hot, but during a summer night it was too cold. But that was me and my TZ-1.

I also got a JR Pheonix 3.0. And while it was plenty cool, I had a low speed crash where I flipped over the bike and scraped my forearm on my bike or something I landed on. The Pheonix really only offers protection on the pads. Lets just say that I've been riding without it because I dont trust it...

I dont think your gloves will be too hot. I have some SP-1's and how different could those be. Neither have any kind of venting, both are gauntlet style leather gloves.. Your hands may get sweaty (mine do) but I dont think its uncomfortable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
heres myne just simple for the street

yah just simple stuff matches well to! and i want to get the icon recon jeans tho but there not in stock yet :( ohwell ill get them later ill just ride my levis :D lol

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
ReBorn said:
Thought I would ask you guys how this stuff sounds as far as summer gear goes and if you have anything better than what I already want:

Already have:
My Helmet: Shoei X-11 Porto Replica

Stuff I'm Getting
Jacket:
Red Alpinestars SM-X Air Flo

Gloves:
Either Red GP Pro

Or Red GP Plus

Pants:
Icon TiMax Pants

Boots:
Sidi Vertebra 2 Air Race Boots

Any suggestions on what to keep or change?
Kepp in mind this stuff is only for hot days and I will have other pants for hard rides...

Looking good give me a call and i'll get you hooked up with a killer package price.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Also, it's REALLY bad form to hot-link pictures that don't belong to you. Link to them or take them off.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Looks good to me.

I like those sets of gloves.

I just wear all black stuff.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think those gloves are overkill and the icons are ugly. Get a pair of bohn under armor pants and just a normal pair of jeans. That's what I use. Or if you really just want jeans get some Draggin jeans instead. I heard they are better. The jacket if its leather is too hot, try the A-Star T-Stunt? Jacket. I tried out a buddies and it was plenty cool if you get the mesh version. I also wear A-Star Allot vented gloves. I also wear the icon super duty boots. I took a low side tumble at 20 with them on and they lasted great (the boots). They are really comfortable, there full leather with reinforcements all over. Even though they look like regular boots they are pretty tough. If anyone knows about comfort in heat its me (I live in vegas). So you might want to tone down some of your choices. There good for winter or track riding but a little useless in the summer unless you can only afford one set of gear.

·
Registered
522 Posts
looks like a good setup.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The Sidi boots are awsome! I've have mine for a while now and they are very comfortable. I could walk around all day in them and be just fine (I've actually done just that at the office a couple times when I forgot to change into my shoes). They also keep my feet reasonaby cool in the vegas summer heat. I haven't crash tested them, but everything I've heard from those who have is that the boots are top-notch.

One minor (and temporary) drawback--they squeek like crazy after a day or two of riding. But all you need to do is spray a little lubricant onto the 'vertebra' joints and they're quiet again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if the smx air flo is anything like my stunt jacket you'll love it. i was going to get the air flo but didnt want to swing the price at that time. other than the pants, i think you'll be in good condition

·
Registered
360 Posts
Stay focused......... you're going for looks over comfort?

One word.......... SWEAT! no, not sweet, sure they look great, just what you want? What are your temps like? Listen to those guys warning you about da hot!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts