Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this thread has been done before, couldn't find one on search though.

I just bought a 600RR 04 about a month ago and I have come to find out it's a lot more bike than I originally thought. I learned to ride through a MSF safety course on a kawi 125cc and the difference is amazing, the throttle control is unbelievable.

I'm just curious what everyone else has done for their first bikes? New ones usually or used ? Start with sports or cruisers? I'm in no way regretting my decision but i'm not pushing my limits either.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3l1t3 said:
Seriously, why don’t people learn to ride before buying a new bike?
Motorcycles are dangerous and stupidity will kill you. One who cared more about riding rather then posing might choose a bike more aptly suited to one’s abilities.

New drivers don’t take drivers ed. in a Porsche Turbo…why would you buy a bike that is abhorrently faster then an exotic supercar? Obviously, you made a bad decision. Now you must attempt to remedy the situation. Take a rider’s class…and be safe.
Good question, cool factor? I bought this as opposed to a used bike because they were hard to find anywhere within 200 miles of me, no small good condition sport bikes. I looked for 6-8 months and finally gave up and bought a new one. (everything else was a 600cc and about almost the same sticker).

I did take the MSF basic course and i'm taking the advanced course here in a month, I don't ride like a fool i'm pretty damn cautious. Although your words are heeded and I appreciate the analogy of the porsche turbo, I had never thought of it that way.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RACER X said:
i recommend getting a good 6 mos of riding before taking the advanced class.
Being i'm in the AF I have no choice in the matter. If you don't take the course within 30 days of getting the bike they ORDER you to not ride. Of course the military never does anything that makes sense why would they with this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.