Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· El A MC Rider
336 Posts
I started on a GSXR 400, then a Virago 250, and now the CBR F4i. I took my first MSF course back in '94, and I took it again two years ago. Oddly enough, in my second MSF class, the instructors told us NOT to buy small bikes because we'd only outgrow it. While they didn't necessarily say to buy a 750 or 1000+, they said a 500 or a 600 was a good start. Go figure.

Anyway, I ended up getting the 250 even after the instructor told me I'd outgrow it. Truth is...he was right...but I made the decision to go down a notch from the 400 because I wasn't comfortable with the 600 at the time. After 3 months, I was damn near doing circus tricks on the 250, but that was a cruiser, not a sportbike 250. Big difference. I rode the 250 for about eight months, ditched it on Ebay for $2900 (new out-the-door for $3,500), and bought the F4i. I'm happy with it, but next summer, I'm giving it to my Mom (yep, she took the MSF course), and I'd like to buy a used '03 954RR.

Well, all I can say is good luck with your bike and remember to respect and take care of it (maintenance), and it will always take care of you.

· El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Phobos said:
Being i'm in the AF I have no choice in the matter. If you don't take the course within 30 days of getting the bike they ORDER you to not ride. Of course the military never does anything that makes sense why would they with this?
Uhm...actually the policy makes quite a bit of sense, and I don't know why it wasn't implemented sooner. But again, we've lost what?....around 9....Airmen to motorcycle mishaps so far during our 101 Critical Days of Summer http://afsafety.af.mil/AFSC/RDBMS/Ground/2004 - 101 days/2004 101 Days Update 25 Aug.ppt . That's one too many. I'd tell you not to ride either....if you're not responsible enough to take the course, and as a government asset that we've paid millions to train, then you'd have proven you're not responsible enough to ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.