5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post em up

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
awww man that blue is so sexxy..
here is mine.. the guy i bought it from put those blue decals on so it would look "different", by different i'm not sure if he meant "gay", but it sure looked gay to me so the blue decals came off as soon as I got her home, matter of fact all the decals came off. Its funny too because people come up to me all the time asking what kind of bike it is.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Almost all colors covered

Now we just need someone with the elusive pearl VFR.

·
Registered
148 Posts

The little tail hanging out on the front of the seat is for my tank bag before someone asking the question. This was a while ago just after I bought it, looks a little different now but not a whole lot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Heath3n said:
Almost all colors covered

Now we just need someone with the elusive pearl VFR.

I'll help ya out, I sold her to buy my RC, I'm presently looking for another one so I can dedicate the RC to the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm so jealous... the first poster with my dream bike....

I will own one! --- definitely before I own number 2 on my list of dream machines (#2 = Aston Martin - 180K car....)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Those bikes are twins right? Do they make for a decent track ride at all? I know they are considered to be sport touring, but that doesn't mean that they don't handle good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
VFR is the Honda badging for the V-four, the older ones used to have V-Four decals on them. Basically this thing used to be the kid brother of the RC51 and the baby from the RC211V, but i've never seen a race version of a VFR-Interceptor.

From the reviews i've read they have plenty of power without being screaming fast, and they aren't as responsive as the pure track keyed bikes like the other honda sportbikes.

** If anyone else has any other info, please don't hesitate to correct me. I'd rather be corrected than continue to spread incorrect info **

·
Registered
148 Posts
DOC:
I haven't ever seen anything to verify that VFR stood for V-four although it does correlate. It's probably Honda coding for the bike which surely includes the motor. Although I don't know what the coding for the Magna is it also had a V-four, as well as others.

ADAM:
As far as track bikes goes, they don't have the acceleration of many of the bikes out there although they do handle well there are many bikes out there that handle a little better and aren't so heavy. If your looking for a good all round bike that will handle long rides, interstate, track days, two up rides, a couple of blocks etc. and everything I left out the VFR is plenty capable however as a strickly track bike I would suggest something a little lighter as they are playing aroudn the 500 lbs mark rather than the 400 lbs mark.
Also they are a V-four so you do in fact have two heads although there are two pistons under each head.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the magna (at least recently) is the VF750C - so that's that

·
Registered
109 Posts
DocB said:
but i've never seen a race version of a VFR-Interceptor.

** If anyone else has any other info, please don't hesitate to correct me. I'd rather be corrected than continue to spread incorrect info **
Honda's Race bikes were based on the VFR before the RC51 twin, The VFR is a HUGE part of Honda's racing history.

VF500's
and the RC30 and RC45's were based on the VFR750

some pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
What I meant in that statement was that I was under the distinct impression from all the reviews and info that i've seen about the VFR line that the VFR streetbikes, the interceptor line, was derived from the racebred bikes, and not the other way around. I have never seen a VFR streetbike turned into a trackday race bike. I did find out about the RC30 shortly after i posted here, and I thankyou for the extra info. As for some of those pics, they obviously show the RVT version. Isn't the RVT version the RC51?

I'm not trying to question you on this point, more trying to expand my knowledge of the line of bikes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
DocB,

The decals that your looking at in the pics are RVF (Racing V Four)...not RVT

I'm sure you've seen RC51's with RVT on the side, but in europe there labeled as VTR's

RVT = VTR
RVF = VFR

You are correct that its rare to see a street VFR made into a racebike.

When honda built the RC30 and RC45, these bikes were loosley based on the VFR platform. But honda built and sold enough of them in order to satisfy the superbike rules.

Sort of like Buell is doing now with the XBrr, based on the street going XB12 just a modified homoglation.

I wasn't trying to say that street VFR's were commonly raced, just that the VFR platform is what honda was using for superbike.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the info. It's always nice to be informed and learn new things. Keeps me from sounding like a fool in the future :)

And.. if anyone happens to know of where I can find some vids of any RVF I'd be interested in that through a PM, or here if anyone else might be interested as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
cbh3168 said:
What's up guys- currently riding Yamaha FZ6, Looking into '06 Interceptor- What do you guys think ?
I'm kinda partial to the VFR but I would for sure suggest riding one of the 5th (98-01)gen and one of the 6th (02-06) gen both before you buy it. There are a few little differences between 5th and 6th.
1st major- Addition of the Vtec motor in the 6th gen.
2nd- gear driven cams in the 5th, chain driven in the 6th
3rd- the body work
And there are more but these are the major differences.

Now they did make a few changes to the 06 vs. the 05 too. The big diff. is clear signals and a change in where the Vtec fuel mapping kinks in and out. A good resource that I would check out if I were you would be VFR Discussion. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site and probably any question you have can be answer in great detail and then some.

·
Registered
148 Posts
DocB said:
the magna (at least recently) is the VF750C - so that's that
Thanks for clearing that, I was simply saying that it was also a V-four, although not an 800cc displacement. Didn't mean any offense if any was taking.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts