Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Drunken Philosopher
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could be a fun one:

You know you've been riding your FZ6 too much when...

1) You feel naked riding your bicycle without full leathers

2) When mowing your lawn, you attempt to hang off the riding mower to corner faster

3) Your friend offers you a beer, and you pause to remember what vehicle you drove to his house before you say "yes"...even though it's snowing outside

4) You were driving the family minivan, and when approaching a sharp left turn, you tried so hard to look through the turn and point your chin into the curve that you smacked your face on the driver's side window

5) Your peripheral vision is still blurry even when sitting on your couch

6) You've ever waved at an oncoming scooter...even worse, while driving the family minivan

7) The kids are finally in bed, your spouse gives you the "come hither" look...and you're torn because it's still light out

8) Your commute of 20 minutes across town in the winter at 20mph in a blizzard becomes a 50 minute commute crossing county or state borders during the summer...and you still try to rationalize that you're saving gas

9) You've contemplated putting a larger exhaust on your lawnmower so it will sound better

10) You marvel at how little vibration there is in the handle of your weedeater

11) You check this site obsessively throughout your work day

12) You have ever leaned when swiveling in your office chair

13) You know exactly how hot/tingly/sore your butt and legs will get before you can't feel them any more...and are happy about that because it means you can keep riding

enjoy...

:eatpop

·
Registered
566 Posts
FizzySix said:
6) You've ever waved at an oncoming scooter...even worse, while driving the family minivan.
lmao I have to stop myself sometimes because I go to wave to motorcyclists when driving in the cage

·
Registered
553 Posts
You know you've been riding your FZ6 too much when...

...your dog doesn't recognize you without your riding gear on.

...while walking down the street, and you see a bike, you automatically wave without thinking and then get pissed when he doesn't wave back.

...when you pout when your wife says she doesn't want to go to the grocery store on the back of the bike.

...when you're on a first-name basis with the local LEO's.

...when the local LEO's have your tickets written out ahead of time and then just fill in the appropriate date and time.

...you have a $35,000 car, yet you use your garage only for your FZ6, tools, and fizzer parts.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Riding it too much when....

You come into a roundabout WAY too fast in your 4WD truck, forgetting which vehicle you are driving.

·
One eye on the road
477 Posts
kevinmroczko said:

You come into a roundabout WAY too fast in your 4WD truck, forgetting which vehicle you are driving.

Absolutely true...
Also, try throwing a 15000 lb ambulance around a freeway on ramp and/or a 30000 lb tanker/pumper fire truck down country twisties without tossing your partner/fire chief/patient across the cab/pt compartment/out of the truck. :egrin Hysterical, but not good.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Riding too much when:

a) You spend more money on fuel filling up your FZ6 than your cage.

b) You have a hard time choosing what gear or a combination thereof to wear for the day.

c) Office mates tell you you're nuts for riding when it's snowing or raining out.

d) You pass by the office early and arrive 2 hours late for work.

e) Half of your closet space is filled with riding gear.

f) You can add more to the list mentioned by the thread starter. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
48 Posts
kevinmroczko said:

Man the roundabouts there are tiny. I have a rental Volvo wagon there, and I had to stop and put it into reverse, because the turning radius was too great for that car. I also hate driving on the wrong side. Other than that I loved the UK.

You stationed at Mildenhall?

·
New Yamaha Owner
148 Posts
1)when you drive your car & are waiting for it to "peak"

2)when you drive your car at 2-3K RPM & wonder how would it be to keep it at 5-7K RPM constantly like the Fz6

3)when you are in your car & you dream of lane splitting

4)when you go to disney world, sit in a roller coaster ride & tilt your head way out of the coaster while it turns & you feel "normal" while everyone else screams.

·
Registered
273 Posts
all so true

continue to watch the local weather channel KNOWING you have to drive your cage to work

your riding your pedal bike and you keep checking the rear view mirrors you don't have......or go to use the turn signals you don't have either.

grab at the clutch handle that doesn't exist on your steering wheel instead of your left foot.

I like the one from above, which actually did happen to me, my dog didn't recognize me once when I walked in from work without my gear on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
When you walk out of work and think, "OMG...someone stole my bike!!!" only to realize you had to drive the car because you had to drop the kids off at school.

That's happened to me more times than I'll admit to.

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
When you are walking through Wal*Mart, and after passing somebody you think you know, you go to look at them in your rearview mirror that isnt there...

I have been known to smack my head on my trucks side window, and the taking long way home one :)

·
Dare Devil!
85 Posts
Lmao i tried 2 look into my mirror that wernt there 2day! Tbh i dnt think there is such thing as "riding your Fz6 to much" lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts