Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its been like 110+ everyday and i was just curious if you guys still ride. I rode to work the other day (like 1/2 mile round trip)...call me crazy but its too fukin hot to ride maybe im a pussy but its too hot. anyways just curious

·
Registered
910 Posts
Same here. I don't mind the heat.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Oh hell, I don't ride when it's 80 degrees let alone 110+.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ride everyday to work and back. 32 miles one way, takes about 45 minutes. Get in to work by 6am and headed home by 2:30pm. Once your use to it it's not bad.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
It's usually in the 90's in Kansas during the summer, but we have the Humidity which sucks, everything sticks to you. I'll ride to work in it (all highway), but I usually won't go riding around the city, too F'n hot.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i've been sticking to the car quite a bit latley. its like 30miles for me to get to school everyday, and i really don't feel like having that rear cylinder roast my balls and legs the entire way. plus, i'm waiting to get some parts in for my bike and take car of some things.

matt

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
zts gixx said:
It's usually in the 90's in Kansas during the summer, but we have the Humidity which sucks, everything sticks to you. I'll ride to work in it (all highway), but I usually won't go riding around the city, too F'n hot.
i'm in KS right now and I'll take the AZ 110+ with no humidity over the KS 90's woth 90%+ humidity any day....

damn i drank too much last night....

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
maybe im new to riding but i could care less bout the heat. i dont get to get on the bike all the time but when i do i dont care what the temp is. people ask me if its hot on the bike in full gear. i just tell them id rather sweat than use the pavement as a skin grater.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
badgixxer said:
i'm in KS right now and I'll take the AZ 110+ with no humidity over the KS 90's woth 90%+ humidity any day....

damn i drank too much last night....
This coming from someone who gets winded and breaks a sweat from walking up a driveway? STFU!!!!

You try being outside down here all day when it's 110+ vs the air conditioning.

And remember, I was just back in Iowa when it was 97 degrees with humidity helping the old man work on the house. It wasn't even close to as bad as wimps make it out to be.

I suppose the two days to a week long stint is bad when you're not use to it. Try 4 months of it down here and waking up to 90 degree weather to start the day.

And Clay, possibly 120 on Sunday here. Go find yourself an 18 year old to play with. :neener

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts

·
Valie Parking
925 Posts
Philbie said:
This coming from someone who gets winded and breaks a sweat from walking up a driveway? STFU!!!!

You try being outside down here all day when it's 110+ vs the air conditioning.

And remember, I was just back in Iowa when it was 97 degrees with humidity helping the old man work on the house. It wasn't even close to as bad as wimps make it out to be.

I suppose the two days to a week long stint is bad when you're not use to it. Try 4 months of it down here and waking up to 90 degree weather to start the day.

And Clay, possibly 120 on Sunday here. Go find yourself an 18 year old to play with. :neener

:cry :cry :cry :cry

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
TSAVO5150 said:
Ride to work every day.

yep me 2. i dont mind the heat.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Philbie said:
1 - You try being outside down here all day when it's 110+ vs the air conditioning.

2 - And Clay, possibly 120 on Sunday here. Go find yourself an 18 year old to play with. :neener
1 - i'm smart enough to get a job were i work indoors....
2 - okie dokie - hater :banana

·
SPODE in training
372 Posts
Last time I rode out the bike and the weather were way too hot for me... I'm a wuss :)

Sucks too because I'm trying to get more seat time but it ain't happening because of the damn weather :mg

·
Registered
910 Posts
116 yesterday. And clammy. That was a bit toasty......

·
Registered
100 Posts
5 days a week I ride to & from work - 40 miles ... ONE WAY!

ya man - this so called "monsoon season" is starting to make things nice and muggy on the way home..... leave work at 5:30pm and get home around 6:30pm .... pants and shirt are soaked from the heat ....days like this I miss my home in San Diego .... but at least I am sweating some of my beer gutt off!.....when is this heat gonna go away ?!?!?!?!?! I am a pyromaniac and all but Dizam this heat is melting my tires!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts