Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
We (especially me) just have to plan the gas stops.

·
Registered
529 Posts
evildead said:
We (especially me) just have to plan the gas stops.
You have gotten a lot better lately. A LOT better..

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
918 Posts
20 miles better...

·
Registered
529 Posts
evildead said:
20 miles better...
That is still a 25% increase in mileage :)

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ice_Hole said:
That is still a 25% increase in mileage :)

- Ice_Hole

20% :twofinger

·
Registered
529 Posts
evildead said:
20% :twofinger
Lets give you a math lesson..

20% of 100 is 80.. So you got 20% less MPG then you currently get..

But, if you work the problem the other way. 125% of 80 is 100 mpg. Which is what really happened. So you have 25% better fuel efficiency.

This can be represented by the quation (x+1)(a+d) = a Where x is our percent increase (Or decrease), a is our gas mileage before, d is the difference in mileage before and after. This is the way you represent ammount changed from original, aka 25% more than base ammount.

You represented the problem with the equation (x+1)(c-d) = c Where x is our increase, c is our current gas mileage after the change, and d is the difference between current and past. This way, you represent the ammount you would have to flucuate from current to get the to past ammount. aka 20% less than current ammount.

:blowme :asshole

- Ice_Hole

haha Fun shit..

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thank you. I see now that I was wrong.

I will give you a spelling lesson later, or at least teach you how to spell check.

·
Registered
529 Posts
evildead said:
Thank you. I see now that I was wrong.

I will give you a spelling lesson later, or at least teach you how to spell check.
Well all know I need it..

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Ice_Hole said:
Lets give you a math lesson..

20% of 100 is 80.. So you got 20% less MPG then you currently get..

But, if you work the problem the other way. 125% of 80 is 100 mpg. Which is what really happened. So you have 25% better fuel efficiency.

This can be represented by the quation (x+1)(a+d) = a Where x is our percent increase (Or decrease), a is our gas mileage before, d is the difference in mileage before and after. This is the way you represent ammount changed from original, aka 25% more than base ammount.

You represented the problem with the equation (x+1)(c-d) = c Where x is our increase, c is our current gas mileage after the change, and d is the difference between current and past. This way, you represent the ammount you would have to flucuate from current to get the to past ammount. aka 20% less than current ammount.

:blowme :asshole

- Ice_Hole

haha Fun shit..
that's so cool.. but where i come from, 20% of 100 is 20. i've always wanted to learn new math (and 1 + 1 = 3, for very large values of 1)

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've never done well at math. So without using equations we can see that my mistake lay in looking at the ending number (100) and reducing that by 20%. I needed to look at the starting number (80) and increase that by 25% since 20% of 80 is not 20.

·
Registered
365 Posts
evildead said:
I've never done well at math. So without using equations we can see that my mistake lay in looking at the ending number (100) and reducing that by 20%. I needed to look at the starting number (80) and increase that by 25% since 20% of 80 is not 20.
But shouldn't you look at the original (stock) gas mileage?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Clayface said:
But shouldn't you look at the original (stock) gas mileage?
Probably, except I don't remember what it was. I never tested it, always filling up around 100 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts