Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any activity in here??

i lived in beaverton for like 16 years and was hopeing for some more activity. you guys should start posting up. that is, if, anyone in oregon actually rides with the lovely weather and all. I never got to ride there but i can sure think of some good roads, anyways you guys should start posting sometime

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
'K, whatever man. Beaver-tron is okay with me. What lovely weather you talk'n about? I've been rained on for my last three rides, last week. Still, always open to new routes.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude dont take it personally i wasnt even serious about you guys. was just hopeing some people would step up and show that despite the weather that people do ride up in the rainy pacific NW

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Oh, I wasn't taking it personal. I ride all winter. I ride when my sporty friends lock it up for the winter and cancel the insurance. It's not as much fun with wet pavement, but it's better than a cage any day. I'm a member of a group of hundreds of PNW riders (WetLeather), most of whom do NOT mothball the bikes for winter. We do ride a lot more in the summer. I'm the only FZ6 in the group though, and I came to sportbikes.net looking for help with my bike. But I'm easily distracted.

In case any of the other Oregonians notice us:

Fav (and not super double secret) rides: Hagg Lake, Laurelwood Rd, Beef Bend Rd, Nestucca River Rd, CRG Scenic, Hywy 14, Windy Ridge, 214 Carver to Estacada Hywy 46 down the back of Mt. Hood to Mt. Jeff. Well, that's enough for now. rs50asu, you coming out here to ride, or just taking a stroll down memory lane?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad you didnt take it personally! :beer yah i can only wish i had had a bike while i lived up there. I know most of those roads pretty well and would love to hit up some of those twisties. too bad we dont have shit for good roads down here in AZ. in regards to me riding up therer, I would love to make a trip up there but am not confident enough my bike will like a 1000 mile trip, when I get my new bike i plan to make a trip of there. Im goin up there tomorrow but w/o the hog, looking forward to some mild NW weather (it was 106 today). So where you living at OR or WA? and by the way, i love the FZ6 a guy at my new job has one, maybe eventually i can talk him in to letting me take it for a spin some day.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm in the Portland area. It's not supposed to rain until midnight, so I'm outta here for a ride, I'll decide between the beach and the mountain when I get to the highway. High temp: 75. <Austin Powers> Yeah baby! </Austin Powers>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts