Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know what the difference is between the RS-3 race & the RS-3 zyclone. Iv been tolded that the performance is the same, just the sound is different. How much louder is the RS-3 race. which one dose everyone buy more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the RS-3 stainless race on my 04 F4i and it doesn't make all that much noise. It sounds way better than the stocker. As far as performance I can't tell a thing. I just got the slip on by the way. I think the paper work that came with it said I might get 1hp out of it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what iv been told. I think its more a sound improvment then hp. they clame it gives more.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought a TRS Ti race can for my bike from a local shop. He said he wouldn't recommend and doesn't sell the Zyclone versions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It dosnt seem like anyone uses yoshi much here at sbn. Yoshi is number 1 here in west-texas. Outher riders look at you like your weard if you use anything else.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
get a jardine. they are louder and look great. and yeah everybody got yoshi's. since you live in texas go ahead and support your state and get a D&D!

·
Registered
239 Posts
A Yosh with the race baffle won't be too loud. It's got a good tone to it and it's loud, but without being obnoxious.

Peace

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a Yosh on my GSXR. It is louder than stock but not loud enough to wake the neighbors, unless of course I am really crannking on it in a low gear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the RS-3 Zyclone has a baffle that is meant to be used on the street called a Zyclone baffle, hence the name. The RS-3 race exhaust is just without the baffle and will be louder while making a little more peak power. At least I think that is what I read on Yoshimura's official site, check it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Look at the can and it ends up as an open pipe. And it is. The exhust hole at the end is around 5mm smaller than what comes into the can. The rest of the shit has eveything to do with sound, waves cancel each other and that's all. So when you get sick of those dents, just take the fucker off and run some streight heades with a nice looking end pc.to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yo- the zyclone basically is more restricted due to more baffles and a smaller port. anyways don't do a slip on. due a full exhaust if you wanna noticable difference. that and a PC3. either get the yosh rs3, tps, or tri oval if you're ballin'.
peace, J.
~MWC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts