Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at exhaust for my sv650s and was wanting opinions on a full yoshimura exhaust or just getting a yosh slip on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
depends on your budget. the slip on will help you gain some hp, but the full system will gain you some tq in addition to hp. either one, coupled with a power commander will significantly improve your throttle response, appearance, and sound.

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
A full exhaust is the best choice for performance if you have the money. Bolt-ons don't give you the added hp that a full system does. The full system headers and mid pipe will have a larger diameter thus flowing more air. Remember, you must get a Power Commander for the adjustment of the fuel injection for a full system. You can get away easy with just bolting on a can and nothing else if you want to but real performance power takes a bit more work and money. A bolt on may cost you around $300 bucks but a full system + PC will cost you around $750 + or -

www.pipecity.com

www.hammythecanman.com

www.starcycle.com

www.parts411.com

www.ebay.com

·
Registered
388 Posts
while on the same subject

I've got a '98 600 F3. stock pipe makes little or no noise at all. i've heard the blueflame and akrapovic exhaust. Blueflame does it for me. Any one knows any dealers for blueflame.

note: the only reason i want to change the exhaust is to increase the sound. performance is not an issue for me as I'm a new rider

·
...What speed limit sign?
244 Posts
you want loud soud, go with a D&D.

My buddy had one on his R6 and it sounded like a harley at idle. =o)

I have a bolt-on yosh myself, and love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts