Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy a full system for my '01 zx7r this friday and was looking at the Yoshimura RS3, Arrow CX Carby High-mount, and the Akrapovic Race system. I want a system that will give me a decent performance gain and fairly loud but good sound. I just have the stock can right now and it is waaay too quiet for me. Any info, oppinions or feedback on any of these systems would be great.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
then don't go Akro. I love mine, but if you want loud, that isn't it. it has a deeper tone than my bf's Arata (which screams when opened), but comparing my bf's Arata and my Akro we both feel that while the Akro is deeper on the low, it isn't real loud overall. It just vibrates deeper. Does that make any sense?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it does, thanx. I really like the look of the Arrow high mount too...Is your akrapovic a race baffle system?

·
Registered
801 Posts
If you want all out performance and sound, I'd go for an Arata. They do make systems for Kawi, but not certain 'bout the ZX7. I've an Arata for my GSX-R750 racebike and, like Silent said, it screams and gives a great performance gain (11hp). In the past, I've ran the Arrow system on this bike and it sound great, but only gave me around a 5hp gain.

On my R6 racebike, I run the Yosh RS3 full system. Good sound (not too loud, but enough) and gives a great performance gain (8hp). Also, I've riden a ZX-6; both stock and an Arko full system. Sounded pretty good (a deep growl) and gave a noticable HP gain.

B

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I had an Arrow Ti-system on my RC and it did sound good but the power gains were not that impressive.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
but guys, he mentioned he wanted 3 things...hp, loud sounds and looks. He would get 2 of the 3 w/any of them. of the three choices and w/each one of them providing 2 of 3 requirements, I would suggest Akro too. and yes, my akro is the race.

HOwever, if you want all three (with the choices not listed here), go Arata if they make one for your bike. Trust me, Arata will give all 3 requirements. that thing is flat out sexy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts