Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy weber Cams instead

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay so i have an 01' GSX-R 1000 and i am looking to buy a set of Yosh stage 1 cams to go with my Full Ackra. exhaust

and was woundering if anyone has installed a set of cams and what was the performance gain (pro's and con's)

all info. is welcome

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know I have a 2001 GSX-R 1000

i put a PC3R, BMC race filter, a Yosh Bolt on, TRE, and i did the Pair Mod Had a custom map created

my base run was 140.1
with the Custum map and everything else 151.1RWHP & 79 Ft of Tourqe

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good question. I was considering this for my fizzer. I think high-comp pistons would be a better mod though. And might be cheaper than cams... But hey I have no idea what I'm talking about - how much more power would you get from stage I cams???

·
Registered
456 Posts
OkcCrash said:
I dont know I have a 2001 GSX-R 1000

i put a PC3R, BMC race filter, a Yosh Bolt on, TRE, and i did the Pair Mod Had a custom map created

my base run was 140.1
with the Custum map and everything else 151.1RWHP & 79 Ft of Tourqe
all those mods and that power...damm you should of bought a RR and had those numbers stock... hahaha, J/K... how much was those cams

·
Registered
6 Posts
OkcCrash said:
okay so i have an 01' GSX-R 1000 and i am looking to buy a set of Yosh stage 1 cams to go with my Full Ackra. exhaust

and was woundering if anyone has installed a set of cams and what was the performance gain (pro's and con's)

all info. is welcome
I ride with a guy who has a set of those cams in a 02 GSXR 1000. He has full Yoshi Ti system, K&N filter, PCIII, with a Dyno custom map. He just did the cams last month and had it dyno'd and mapped again. I don't remember the exact #'s but he was more than 155 hp. but he says it was NOT worth the money for the gain he got. He had the installed by a shop, so maybe it would be worth U did it yourself. :dunno

·
Registered
29 Posts
The stage 1 cam profile is only slightly more "aggressive" than the stock ones. Should give a nice allround power. will not loose the low end torque, but as a result also lacks in the topend. Lot of comments heard about the stage 1 cams not being worth the money... on the other hand depends what you're looking for.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Gixxer_Six2003 said:
WHat kind of power can you turn out of a 6 ?

Say, Big Bore, Yoshi Cams, Full Yoshi exhaust, K&N, and a custom dyno tune ? I'm curious. I know it would be easier to just buy a 750 or 1000, but not as much fun.

Why bother with the big lug. Just buy a 1000 from a wreck and shove it in the 6. You'll be smilin all the way to the bar with the $$ ya save. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts