Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pick up a Yosh RS-3 Slip-On for my bike. All my cars have always had exhaust systems and I want my bike to make a little more noise. :ar
I think the one I was looking at was the street version of the RS-3. Is this going to be too quiet?
I noticed there's 2 versions, street and race. Is it illegal to put the race slip on for street riding? I read that the street version has a baffle to keep the noise down. I just don't want it to be too quiet. (but then again I don't want it to be too loud)

Which one should I get?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Get the race version. The Zyclone is the street pipe and it's too quiet. Hell my TRS race pipe is too quiet I think and I am far from a squidly D & D type.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I dont know I use to have a zrx1200 with a yosh RS-3 race slip on and hated the noise so I sold it for a Hindle Stealth slip on my ears were thankful.

Race pipes are not my thing.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. That's what I figured after reading the description from the Yoshimura site. I think I'll go with the race.

·
Registered
19 Posts
spy said:
Thanks. That's what I figured after reading the description from the Yoshimura site. I think I'll go with the race.
The street ones are illegal too. It's just less illegal than the race one.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
954 said:
The street ones are illegal too. It's just less illegal than the race one.
That's right. I remember reading that from their website. I thought that was odd, that they have a street version and a race, but they're both illegal.

From the site:

Q. Are Yoshimura exhaust systems street legal?
A. No. Our exhaust systems are intended for race use.
Q. How loud are Yoshimura exhausts?
A. Since sound files are hard to hear online, it is best to compare them to other brands. The Yoshimura RS-3 Zyclone systems are one of the quietest systems on the market today that still offer good performance gains with minimal restriction. RS-3 Zyclone systems are 90-92dB while RS-3 Race systems are 95dB. All measurements are taken at the industry standard of 20" away from the turndown tip at a 45-degree angle out from the tip. The motor is revved and held at 4,000 rpm in neutral. A reading is then taken and recorded. Round Zyclone systems are 95dB while round race systems are 101-105db depending on model.

Complete FAQ page
Yoshimura FAQ

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gixxer_Six2003 said:
Agreed, the Yoshi Zyclones are way quiet. You will end up just gutting it trying to make it louder.
What options does one have since Yoshi doesn't sell baffles for the Zyclones anymore? And your right the zyclones are too quiet. Or at least on my cbr1100xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts