Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm...as the title says, my question is really dumb.

Anyway, here goes *Deep Breaths* "Whats a squid?"

·
Registered
333 Posts
The question isn't dumb. Not using the search function is. :lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'

also see stunta

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Arma's definition is as good as any I've seen. You might add that a squid's natural environment is sitting at the local yogurt shop where you can find them talking about how fast they are.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
me...even though i think my twistie skills are improving.(cant wait to get the gixxer back!!!) i do wear a helmet and a jacket.(only when its cold) other than that i think i might just fit Arma's description almost perfectly.( and not the yogurt shop, anywhere there is a "no loitering" sign)

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
i think i might just fit Arma's description almost perfectly.

That's why ma and pa took the GIX 6.

May be you should rethink things a bit,ya know don't make it so easy to get caught.

Do the crazy stuff away from people.

·
Registered
394 Posts
See that little SEARCH icon on the upper right of the screen? Type in "Squid" and you'll see a huge list of what you're looking for.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
Simple Quicker Until I Die.. <-- should sum up a squid! ehh

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
The term is from the 60s and was coined by Harley bikers to describe cafe racers, the progenitors of sportbikes. Two stories explain its origins. One -- as told by RacerX -- is that it stands for Squirrily Kids (as above.) The one I know is that it describes what cafe racers looked like (squids) laying over their tanks to reach thier low bars.

So it really means... Us. However in our world it means a rider who doesn't know his abilities or limits and will be dead, wrecked, or out of the sport within a year or two.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you ever see someone riding a sportbike with 300 dollar sunglasses, flip flops, and shorts with a tank top you'll know exactly what a squid is. THATS RIGHT MISTER SHORTS AND FLIP FLOPS IVE BEEN WATCHING YOU!

·
Fast Old Fart on a Bike
41 Posts
The Squid is a beast with extremely high speed and maneuverability, but low
intelligence, low hit points, low experience and low offensive capability. The Squid is
largely dismissed as an endangered species with little danger to an average warrior. In
fact, because of its high speed, low armor and low hit probability, Squids are primarily a
danger to themselves and their mates, although Squids accidentally kill themselves at a
ratio of more than 10 to 1 over their mates. The breed is largely alive due to a male
creature called the ‘High School Student’ which can morph into a Squid, thereby
continuing the species as Squids rarely live to reproduce.
“The Squid's only serious offensive capability is the ‘Crash’ during which the Squid rams
its opponent, primarily a creature called the ‘Car.’ However, the Crash is almost always
fatal to the Squid and rarely does more than a few hit points of damage to the Car. Squids
have been known to use the Crash against a related and more vulnerable species called
the ‘Enthusiast.’ Most Enthusiasts simply avoid the Squid as a defensive maneuver. The
more serious danger to the Enthusiast is a Squid's only other offensive capability, which
is a rudimentary magic spell called the ‘Pass.’ The Pass causes a decrease in intelligence
and an increase in speed for the duration of the spell. The Pass causes the Enthusiast to
behave as a Squid for a brief but dangerous period of time and can cause a ‘Crash’ which
is almost always fatal. Italian Enthusiasts are very vulnerable to the Pass, while American
and German Enthusiasts are virtually invulnerable due to a defense called the ‘Leather
Jacket of Indifference.’ The Pass is most effective against other Squids or Japanese
Enthusiasts. However, a new breed of Enthusiast called the ‘Buell’ is as vulnerable as the
Italian Enthusiast to the Pass."

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is a squid....

Attachments

·
UH OH
415 Posts
tripod said:
The Squid is a beast with extremely high speed and maneuverability, but low
intelligence, low hit points, low experience and low offensive capability. The Squid is
largely dismissed as an endangered species with little danger to an average warrior. In
fact, because of its high speed, low armor and low hit probability, Squids are primarily a
danger to themselves and their mates, although Squids accidentally kill themselves at a
ratio of more than 10 to 1 over their mates. The breed is largely alive due to a male
creature called the ‘High School Student’ which can morph into a Squid, thereby
continuing the species as Squids rarely live to reproduce.
“The Squid's only serious offensive capability is the ‘Crash’ during which the Squid rams
its opponent, primarily a creature called the ‘Car.’ However, the Crash is almost always
fatal to the Squid and rarely does more than a few hit points of damage to the Car. Squids
have been known to use the Crash against a related and more vulnerable species called
the ‘Enthusiast.’ Most Enthusiasts simply avoid the Squid as a defensive maneuver. The
more serious danger to the Enthusiast is a Squid's only other offensive capability, which
is a rudimentary magic spell called the ‘Pass.’ The Pass causes a decrease in intelligence
and an increase in speed for the duration of the spell. The Pass causes the Enthusiast to
behave as a Squid for a brief but dangerous period of time and can cause a ‘Crash’ which
is almost always fatal. Italian Enthusiasts are very vulnerable to the Pass, while American
and German Enthusiasts are virtually invulnerable due to a defense called the ‘Leather
Jacket of Indifference.’ The Pass is most effective against other Squids or Japanese
Enthusiasts. However, a new breed of Enthusiast called the ‘Buell’ is as vulnerable as the
Italian Enthusiast to the Pass."
:lol That is probably one of the funniest explanations I have ever heard! But true. By the way it's not a dumb question there was a time when none of us knew what a a squid was.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts